Achievements

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Achievements

Post by godswearhats »

Here's a list of achievements that we, as Wood Elf players, have created so that you can have fun checking off your list. These are not necessarily great and glorious things (and in fact are way more fun when there are epic failure achievements too). Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far. I'll lock the thread when we get to 100!

~gwh
  1. In the beginning ...: Play a game of Warhammer using Wood Elves
  2. Isn't it grand?: Field a Grand Army of Wood Elves (3000+ points)
  3. The Deepwood Host: Field a fully painted army of Wood Elves
  4. Death from above: Kill an enemy character using Predator's Descent
  5. Death from a dance: Kill an enemy character using the Wardancer's Whirling Death dance
  6. Death from, uh, where was it again?: Kill an enemy character with a Waystalker Sniper shot
  7. Whoops! Can we start again?: Lose your wizard to Dimensional Cascade on turn 1
  8. The Trees! They're alive!: Field an army of entirely Forest Spirits
  9. Homesick: Play a battle on a field with at least six forests
  10. Long live the King!: Use Orion in a battle
  11. Long live the Queen!: Use the Banner of the Eternal Queen
  12. Who let the dogs out?: Have Orion's hounds do more damage in combat than Orion
  13. You can't touch this!: Pass three Talismanic Tattoo or Forest Spirit ward saves in a row
  14. There's something in the oats: Have your Elven Steeds do more wounds than the riders
  15. It's all in the antlers: Have the Steeds of Isha/Kurnous/Great Stags do more wounds than the riders
  16. Look out, Sirs! I mean Madams!: Have the Sisters of Twilight saved by a Look Out, Sir! roll
  17. Top Gun: Have a game where you deploy only fliers during regular deployment
  18. Iron Eagle: Have a Great Eagle (or Great Eagle-rider) survive a direct hit from a cannonball
  19. Who are we fighting again?: Deploy no units during regular deployment
  20. Wrong turn!: Use Moonstone of the Hidden Ways to reappear in the same forest
  21. Charmed what?: Remove a Charmed Shield with the Arrow of Kurnous
  22. Another wrong turn!: Play on a battlefield with no forests (not even the free one!)
  23. Blood for the ... tree god?: Make your free forest a Blood Forest
  24. Perfect!: Succeed in all rolls to hit and wound in a single round of combat
  25. ... but only in the Forest: Same as "Perfect" but only because you rerolled 1s in a forest
  26. It's a trap!: Have an enemy unit charge a unit of archers in a venom thicket, and beat them up
  27. Who's the big brother?: Beat up both High Elves and Dark Elves at least once
  28. Nero Burning Loren: Play a game using only lore of Fire
  29. Power overwhelming!: Have your wizard die due to casting 'Power of Darkness'
  30. My turf!: Use 'Awakening of the Woods' on a unit in your Free Forest
  31. Master Assassin: Have a Waystalker kill 2+ enemy characters/champions using the Sniper Rule
  32. Wrath of the Forest: Wipe out a unit with Tree Singing
  33. That Was My Plan All Along: Lose a combat in a forest and have your pursuer get wiped out by dangerous terrain tests during pursuit
  34. Kick'n it old skool: Play a game of Warhammer using Wood Elves with the sixth edition book (friendly games only)
  35. Dance magic dance: Kill an enemy character with shadow magic from a Shadowdancer
  36. White Death: Field a winter themed army of Wood Elves with at least one Waystalker in it
  37. Heavy metal: Play a game using only the lore of metal
  38. Sniper duel: Kill one enemy model with the sniper USR using only Waystalker sniping attacks
  39. I am... a stone...: Have a Waystalker survive the entire battle
  40. The Slayer: Kill a Vampire character in a challenge with a Wildwood Ranger champion
  41. The oldest trick in the book: Pull off a successful double-flee move
  42. With catlike tread:: Deploy your entire Wood Elf army in your deployment zone, including scouts - no deployment tricks!
  43. The good old days: Win a game of Warhammer using Wood Elves with the sixth edition book. Bonus points if done so using the following units: Glade Riders, Waywatchers, Wardancers, Warhawk Riders, The Sisters of Twilight on a Forrest Dragon (friendly games only)
  44. An epic saga: Play a Warhammer narrative campaign using Wood Elves
  45. Wondertwin powers, activate!: Use the Sisters of Twilight in a battle
  46. Woodland empire: Win a Mighty Empires campaign using Wood Elves
  47. King of the castle: Occupy a building with a Wood Elf unit for the entire game
  48. Keep off the grass!: Drive an enemy unit out of a wood
  49. More dakka: Eliminate an enemy unit using only shooting
  50. Green Arrow: Use a character with the Bow of Loren in a battle
  51. Whoops, wrong arrows!: Fight a battle against an army from the Forces of Order using Starfire Shafts
  52. Whoops, wrong arrows again!: Fight a battle against an army from the Forces of Destruction using Moonfire Shot
  53. Three amigos: Use a Glade Captain, Waystalker and Shadowdancer (without magic) in the same battle
  54. Everybody dance now!: Win a combat with only Wardancers and/or Shadowdancers
  55. Two left feet: Fail to inflict a single wound in combat with Wardancers
  56. Thriller: Defeat a unit of Zombies in combat with only a Shadowdancer
  57. Charmed Ones: Use a Spellsinger, a Shadowdancer (with magic) and a Branchwraith (with magic) in the same battle
  58. Light as a feather, stiff as a board: Use two Spellweavers in a battle
  59. Armchair general: Go the whole game without having your general attacked or using your general to attack (or cast spells if a wizard)
  60. Only a flesh-wound: End the game with your general on only 1 wound
  61. Run for your lives!: Have your entire army flee from a panic-test chain reaction
  62. Don't fear the reaper: Use Daith's Reaper in a battle
  63. The spirit is willing: Use the Spirit Sword in a battle
  64. Quick, look over there!: successfully redirect an enemy unit
  65. RRAAAGHH!!: Have a unit of Wild Riders fail their berserk test and be forced to charge
  66. Legolas, Who?: Have a Waystalker kill a Character/Champion as a stand and shoot reaction
  67. And I Thought the Forests Were Our Friends: Deploy all your selected woods as Wild Woods
  68. No! Bad Forest!: Use Tree Singing on a Blood Forest to walk it back to the enemy
  69. I Fought for Athel Loren and all I got was this Lousy Sword: Use the Spirit Sword in a game and have it's special ability do no wounds all game
  70. You Better Kill Me: Have the Twins wipe out a warmachine/unit/character that dealt wounds to them the previous turn
  71. March of the Ents: Fill your Lords, Special and Rare with Treemen Ancient, Treekin and Treemen
  72. Cyclops: Successfully steal someone's eye with Skaryn the Eye Thief
  73. The real War of Vengeance: Kill a Dwarven general with Durthu
  74. The People's Front of Athel Loren: Field Drycha and forest spirits against another Wood Elf army
  75. You can never go home again: Win a game without allowing any models in your own deployment zone during the entire game
  76. Who says I can't charge with an Eagle? - Push a fleeing unit off the board with a Great Eagle or Eagle Rider.
  77. Power Dice? What Power Dice? - Kill an opposing Level 4 Wizard with a Great Eagle or Eagle Rider.
  78. Shooting Phase? What shooting phase? - Kill an opposing War Machine with a Great Eagle or Eagle Rider.
  79. Now that's what I call an auto include unit - Complete all 3 Great Eagle or Eagle Rider achievements in a single game.
  80. You thought you had a shooting phase? That's cute - Destroy an enemy warmachine with Glade Guard shooting.
  81. No Phase for You! - Destroy all enemy War Machines before they do a wound to you.
  82. You wont like me when I'm angry - Engage an enemy unit after casting Okkam's Mindrazer and Flesh to Stone on the same unit.
  83. Neener Neener Neener - Reduce an enemy unit to a -3 to hit modifier with Ice Shard Blizzard, Glittering Scales and Curse of Anraheir.
  84. Smarty Pants - Correctly spell the name of the aforementioned spell.
  85. They did the Mash - Wipe out a unit entirely with 4 thunderstomps.
  86. Warp Trees Ahead Captain! - Cast Timewarp (or speed of light, I forget which) on a Tree Man or Tree Man Ancient and move the full 20 inches.
  87. What the Crap type of Steed is that? - Cast Steed of Shadows on a Tree Man Ancient and move the full 20 inches.
  88. May the Odds be Ever in your Favor - Destroy an opposing model using a spell or effect that uses a Characteristic test, but would only fail on a 6 (Dwellers off a Kdai, Tree Whack off a DP)
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Lassoto
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings, Skaven

Re: Achievements

Post by Lassoto »

26. It's a trap: Have an enemy unit charge a unit of archers in a venom thicket, and beat them up.
27. Who's the big brother?: Beat up both High Elves and Dark Elves at least once.
28. Nero Burning Loren: Play a game using only lore of Fire.
29. Power overwhelming!: Miscast 'Power of Darkness'.
30. My turf!: Use 'Awakening of the Woods' on a unit in your Free Forest.
Domine Nox
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Domine Nox »

Master Assassin: Have a Waystalker kill 2+ enemy characters/champions using the Sniper Rule
Wrath of the Forest: Wipe out a unit with Tree Singing
That Was My Plan All Along Lose a Combat in a forest and have your pursuer get wiped out by dangerous terrain tests during pursuit.
Kakapo42
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Kakapo42 »

Kick'n it old skool: Play a game of Warhammer using Wood Elves with the sixth edition book (friendly games only).
Dance magic dance: Kill an enemy character with shadow magic from a Shadowdancer.
White Death: Field a winter themed army of Wood Elves with at least one Waystalker in it.
Heavy metal: Play a game using only the lore of metal.
Sniper duel: Kill one enemy model with the sniper USR using only Waystalker sniping attacks.
I am... a stone...: Have a Waystalker survive the entire battle.
The Slayer: Kill a Vampire character in a challenge with a Wildwood Ranger champion.
The oldest trick in the book: Pull off a successful double-flee move.
With catlike tread:: Deploy your entire Wood Elf army in your deployment zone, including scouts - no deployment tricks!
The good old days: Win a game of Warhammer using Wood Elves with the sixth edition book. Bonus points if done so using the following units: Glade Riders, Waywatchers, Wardancers, Warhawk Riders, The Sisters of Twilight on a Forrest Dragon (friendly games only).
An epic saga: Play a Warhammer narrative campaign using Wood Elves.
Wondertwin powers, activate!: Use the Sisters of Twilight in a battle.
Woodland empire: Win a Mighty Empires campaign using Wood Elves.
King of the castle: Occupy a building with a Wood Elf unit for the entire game.
Keep off the grass!: Drive an enemy unit out of a wood.
More dakka: Eliminate an enemy unit using only shooting.
Green Arrow: Use a character with the Bow of Loren in a battle.
Whoops, wrong arrows!: Fight a battle against an army from the Forces of Order using Starfire Shafts.
Whoops, wrong arrows again!: Fight a battle against an army from the Forces of Destruction using Moonfire Shot.
Three amigos: Use a Glade Captain, Waystalker and Shadowdancer (without magic) in the same battle.
Everybody dance now!: Win a combat with only Wardancers and/or Shadowdancers.
Two left feet: Fail to inflict a single wound in combat with Wardancers.
Thriller: Defeat a unit of Zombies in combat with only a Shadowdancer.
Charmed Ones: Use a Spellsinger, a Shadowdancer (with magic) and a Branchwraith (with magic) in the same battle.
Light as a feather, stiff as a board: Use two Spellweavers in a battle.
Armchair general: Go the whole game without having your general attacked or using your general to attack (or cast spells if a wizard).
Only a flesh-wound: End the game with your general on only 1 wound.
Run for your lives!: Have your entire army flee from a panic-test chain reaction.
Don't fear the reaper: Use Daith's Reaper in a battle.
The spirit is willing: Use the Spirit Sword in a battle.
Blizzard developer: Come up with 100 achievements in the Achievements thread on Asrai.org.
Quick, look over there!: successfully redirect an enemy unit.
WANTED: Wildwood Ranger axes. PM me if you have any spare.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Thriller is probably my favorite achievement so far :-)

These are hilarious! Keep 'em coming.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

• We don't need no stinkin' arrows: Field an army with no archers
  • These boots are made for walking: Field an all-elf, all-infantry army
  • Safety dance: Bunker a Shadowdancer in a unit other than Wardancers. (He can dance if he wants to, he can leave his friends behind)
  • War! Huh! What is good for?: Field 3 units of Wardancers and 3 units of Warhawk Riders
  • The Everglades: Only field units with the word Glade in their name
Domine Nox
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Domine Nox »

RRAAAGHH!!: Have a unit of Wild Riders fail their berserk test and be forced to charge.
Legolas, Who?: Have a Waystalker kill a Character/Champion as a stand and shoot reaction.
And I Thought the Forests Were Our Friends: Deploy all your selected woods as Wild Woods.
No! Bad Forest!: Use Tree Singing on a Blood Forest to walk it back to the enemy.
I Fought for Athel Loren and all I got was this Lousy Sword: Use the Spirit Sword in a game and have it's special ability do no wounds all game.
You Better Kill Me: Have the Twins wipe out a warmachine/unit/character that dealt wounds to them the previous turn.
March of the Ents: Fill your Lords, Special and Rare with Treemen Ancient, Treekin and Treemen.
godswearhats wrote:Safety dance: Bunker a Shadowdancer in a unit other than Wardancers. (He can dance if he wants to, he can leave his friends behind)
EPIC!
Last edited by Domine Nox on 21 May 2014, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Domine Nox wrote: The Trees are Alive!: Deploy all your selected woods as Wild Woods.
This one needs a new name - very similar to an existing one ...

The rest are great :-)
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Some more special character inspired ones.
  • Cyclops: Successfully steal someone's eye with Skaryn the Eye Thief
  • The real War of Vengeance: Kill a Dwarven general with Durthu
  • The People's Front of Athel Loren: Field Drycha and forest spirits against another Wood Elf army
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

You can never go home again: Win a game without allowing any models in your own deployment zone during the entire game.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

jberrysf
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by jberrysf »

Who says I can't charge with an Eagle? - Push a fleeing unit off the board with a Great Eagle or Eagle Rider.
Power Dice? What Power Dice? - Kill an opposing Level 4 Wizard with a Great Eagle or Eagle Rider.
Shooting Phase? What shooting phase? - Kill an opposing War Machine with a Great Eagle or Eagle Rider.
Now that's what I call an auto include unit - Complete all 3 Great Eagle or Eagle Rider achievements in a single game.
You thought you had a shooting phase? That's cute - Destroy an enemy warmachine with Glade Guard shooting.
No Phase for You! - Destroy all enemy War Machines before they do a wound to you.
You wont like me when I'm angry - Engage an enemy unit after casting Okkam's Mindrazer and Flesh to Stone on the same unit.
Neener Neener Neener - Reduce an enemy unit to a -3 to hit modifier with Ice Shard Blizzard, Glittering Scales and Curse of Anraheir.
Smarty Pants - Correctly spell the name of the aforementioned spell.
They did the Mash - Wipe out a unit entirely with 4 thunderstomps.
Warp Trees Ahead Captain! - Cast Timewarp (or speed of light, I forget which) on a Tree Man or Tree Man Ancient and move the full 20 inches.
What the Crap type of Steed is that? - Cast Steed of Shadows on a Tree Man Ancient and move the full 20 inches.
May the Odds be Ever in your Favor - Destroy an opposing model using a spell or effect that uses a Characteristic test, but would only fail on a 6 (Dwellers off a Kdai, Tree Whack off a DP)
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Nice! Just 12 more to go :-)
jberrysf
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by jberrysf »

Worst 50 points I ever spent - Lose a great eagle to 3 dangerous terrain tests.
Sacrifice your puny body!!! - Win combat on combat res with a unit of archers by sacrificing a champion or BSB to a challenge and run down the fleeing enemy.
Look, krill. Run away!!! - Panic a unit off the board by causing another unit to flee through it.
Baby Sitter - Declare 2 ridiculously long charges with 2 adjacent units of Wild Riders, fail and stumble forward less than the full amount because of strategic Eagle, Warhawk Rider or Branchwraith placement.
Let slip the dogs of war! - Declare 2 ridiculously long charges with 2 adjacent units of Wild Riders and succeed after completing Baby Sitter for a turn or 2.
Ultimate Protection - Amass 10 protection counters from the Lore of High Magic.
That's no moon - Gain wounds up to the maximum 10 wounds by casting Soul Stealer from Lore of Dark Magic.
Kakapo42
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Kakapo42 »

Double Dragon: Use two Forrest Dragons in a single battle.
Athel Loren Idol: Spend your entire Heroes points allocation on Spellsingers.
WANTED: Wildwood Ranger axes. PM me if you have any spare.
Ember of the Hidden Paths
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Ember of the Hidden Paths »

Triple Dragon: use three dragons in a 2000 point end times game.

The Frog King: Have Durtha turned into a frog after casting a spell via hex scroll.

The word skill gets thrown around a lot these days: Have Durtha, whilst transformed into a frog, kill an enemy character
One does not simply take a Wild Rider charge...
Yuri
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Yuri »

I used to be a general like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee... - wound enemy general with Arrow of Kurnous.

Loec, not Loki! - have Trickster's Helm, Trickster's Shard, and The Other Trickster's Shard in the army. (maybe it needs better name)

Taunted by French - Glade Riders never arrive from ambush.
Yuri's little corner
Møøse trained by Yute Hermsgervørdenbrøtbørda