Alterative Waywatcher Models

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Chunk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Alterative Waywatcher Models

Post by Chunk »

So, with Waywatchers being so darn good, everyone and their spite is going to want some in their army.

But! The cost of buying the actual Waywatcher models may be prohibitive! In Australia at least, I pay $29 for 3 models! Also, they're not even available on the website at the moment! (temporarily out of stock apparently)

Anyway, I was hoping to get some ideas as to how to convert up some Waywatchers, so that they're visually distinct from the rest of my army, whilst still being cheaper than ~$100 for 10 models.

My first thought was just to give Glade Guard models hooded heads, but then that's what I'm doing for my Deepwood Scouts, and I don't want my opponent to be confused as to what is what.

My second thought was Wildwood Ranger bodies and heads with Glade Guard bows and arms. I like this option except for the armoured skirts the Rangers wear, though I guess I could just paint that like leather instead.

Anyway, I'll throw the inquiry open to the floor, do you have any ideas to get cheaper Waywatchers?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Alterative Waywatcher Models

Post by Beithir Seun »

There's already a thread dealing with this exact topic in the correct forum...

http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26327

Thread locked
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog