Played against new wood elves

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

The Peacemaker
Newcomer
Newcomer

Played against new wood elves

Post by The Peacemaker »

My friend and I played some games with some of the new wood elf rules.
Always Strike first
New wardancer rules
Hatred on Dryads
All glade guard bows.

Hatred on Dryads is pretty darn sweet. Even if they lose a strength they will still be good.
War Dancers are a versatile unit that can do pretty much whatever you want. I think every army is going to have at least 1 unit of these guys because of their versatility.
Always strikes First is obviously really good.
The rumors for eternal guard seems pretty crappy so the unit might not be too good. If they get stubborn as standard then they will have a role, otherwise I predict they will be on the shelf.
Being able to take any magic lore I think its going to change wood elf's dramatically. The other lores offer so much synergy with how you want to make your list.
With the forest spirit ward save being normal that means high magic is useful, and high magic also has BS increase spell.
Obviously lore of metal solves alot of problems.
I could see multiple mages being a good build just so you have some options. I guess if wood elves had something similar to that loremaster guy from high elves with access to the sig spells that would be an auto include.

A big thing I did notice is that the close combat for wood elves is alot better. You don't have to worry about infantry hordes as much so you can use your archers to fire at the scarier stuff.