Glade Guard models

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

OfTheThorn
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Glade Guard models

Post by OfTheThorn »

Hello all! I am a long time lurker, and like many others this release has drawn me out of hiding.

I was wondering whether anyone could point me towards a clever way to boost my Glade Guard numbers. Over the years I have lost four and would love to bring my unit back up to 20, but I really can't stretch to buying another box just for four models! Are there any sites which sell individual or small numbers of models for reasonable prices?
Allendor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Chaos Warriors & Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dark elf, Empire & Orcs & Goblins

Re: Glade Guard models

Post by Allendor »

Try eBay. Just saw 4 still on the sprue.
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
OfTheThorn
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by OfTheThorn »

Allendor wrote:Try eBay. Just saw 4 still on the sprue.
I am watching eBay for any. The only ones I've seen have been in the US (I am in the UK), and the postage has made them cost more than an entire new box! Thanks though.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

I can send you four that are preassembled (by someone else) that I'm not fond of the poses on. They're not the best, but they'll be free - just need to cover postage (probably less than £5). PM me if you're interested.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
CauCaSus
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by CauCaSus »

Use a tree or a treekin on 40 mm base as unit filler.
OfTheThorn
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by OfTheThorn »

godswearhats wrote:I can send you four that are preassembled (by someone else) that I'm not fond of the poses on. They're not the best, but they'll be free - just need to cover postage (probably less than £5). PM me if you're interested.
That would be fantastic!! :D I have PM'ed, and thank you.
CauCaSus wrote:Use a tree or a treekin on 40 mm base as unit filler.
Thanks for that suggestion too. I'm relatively new in the hobby, with a long hiatus, and am not sure how to feel about unit fillers… Are they generally accepted in game stores?
pip
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WOOD ELVES

Post by pip »

personally I hate unit fillers that are just another thing on a big base taking up more space. It seems lazy to me. You could just as easily bend a bunch of sprue carve it slightly to give it wood effect and stick 1 glade guard on a large tree root sticking out from the ground on a 40mm. Give your unit filler character, fit it into the unit and NO one will complain. Just throwing a treekin into a unit of glade guard would annoy me.
CauCaSus
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by CauCaSus »

Maybe a treekin was a bad suggestion. It works great with rat ogres in skaven armies and trolls in orcs and goblin armies, but maybe not in a wood elf army. An alternative is to base one of the trees from the GW forest set with a couple of glade riders on the branches shooting down. Another is to have a cliff with a couple of glade guard or a character/champion in between the archers. Point is, use your imagination and don't let other people tell you what you can or can not do.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

Waystones also make good unit fillers.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord