Wood Elves rumours

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Mist_Walker
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Wood Elves rumours

Post by Mist_Walker »

Glory_of_the_Forest wrote:Maybe just a joke. But I was talking to manager at my local GW about converting warhawks because the current models are a bit out of sync with the new range and too expensive, he just said
"I wouldn't be too hasty, my man, they are probably coming out soon in plastic"

So maybe he doesn't know, maybe he wants to postpone me custom building for cheaper, or maybe he has secret information.
And today on a GW website we can read that "(…)Alongside some Warhawk Riders (more on them in a future issue of White Dwarf)"… so who knows.
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: WE,Ogres

Post by irishfarmer »

irishfarmer wrote:Over the next few days people will be getting their books. We should be finding out early next week if there is in fact going to be a third week's release, which the rumor mill is reporting is not going to happen. That being the case, I "so move" that we close this thread when we are confirmed that this is it for our release, and begin a new one to prepare for the eventual release of 9th edition.

I do not make this recommendation because I want to censor anyone, or prohibit the reporting of rumors. As anyone can find out, the vast majority of my postings on Asrai are in this thread. It just seems fitting simply because the thread started out as being about what led up to this current release. Closing this thread to start another will allow us to clear out the old, and focus on the new. It will end the ceaseless cycle of someone dropping in and instead of going over the old pages responsibly, instead he writes "What's the latest?" In other words, many posters are not even going back over the previous pages to find out what's been happening anyway! :roll:

Warseer has the same practice. When the thread gets long they start a new one. Not saying we have to be like them (I am glad we are not culturally) but there is wisdom in this, and I think it would be good to at least consider bringing it here.
This is just a *bump* that maybe its time to close and archive this thread in preparation for future releases and for 9th edition. What do ya'll think?
Track those crazy rumors and their rumor mongers!!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 48304.page
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Don't worry, we know what we're doing. Assuming there is no third week release, we will be closing the thread once the second week releases are officially available.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Rheigos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Rheigos »

Has anyone realized there arent pictures of treekins in the whole AR?? What could this mean?
Coyle_Ravane
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau, Imperial guard (Tau auxilleries)

Post by Coyle_Ravane »

Rheigos wrote:Has anyone realized there arent pictures of treekins in the whole AR?? What could this mean?
There were a couple of units left out of the 4th/5th ed army book, warhawks were one I think, and I know they had models released some time later. It was a different business back then though, and I don't think they had any pre-existing models for them like we do now.
Minty wrote:...if you've been killed by a Wood Elf it's nothing personal, but Charles Darwin is smiling with approval.
Pigey
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Pigey »

Rheigos wrote:Has anyone realized there arent pictures of treekins in the whole AR?? What could this mean?
There are some! Look carefully.
Caranthir Ciryatan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Caranthir Ciryatan »

All the new plastic releases have been great so far, but I was hoping for some new plastic warhawks or war eagles riders. So if it not for the 8 edition, as someone said above, lets hope for a future release.

Cheers
Eye-Thief
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Eye-Thief »

Beithir Seun wrote:Don't worry, we know what we're doing. Assuming there is no third week release, we will be closing the thread once the second week releases are officially available.
Front cover of White Dwarf Issue 15 appears to advertise a new War Zone for 40k as can be seen in What's New Today, so sadly it looks like there's no third week release... :cry:
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: WE,Ogres

Post by irishfarmer »

Beithir Seun wrote:Don't worry, we know what we're doing. Assuming there is no third week release, we will be closing the thread once the second week releases are officially available.
I SALUTE you, sir! :nod:
Track those crazy rumors and their rumor mongers!!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 48304.page
RedPanda
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Eldar, Kroot

Post by RedPanda »

Aww no 8th ed battalion for Wood Elves?
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is" -Kino
johho
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by johho »

And where are those GG with hooded cloak as seen in the armybook? I want those!
Coyle_Ravane
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau, Imperial guard (Tau auxilleries)

Post by Coyle_Ravane »

johho wrote:And where are those GG with hooded cloak as seen in the armybook? I want those!
The Gladeguard kit includes a choice of hooded or unhooded heads.
Minty wrote:...if you've been killed by a Wood Elf it's nothing personal, but Charles Darwin is smiling with approval.
johho
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by johho »

Coyle_Ravane wrote:
johho wrote:And where are those GG with hooded cloak as seen in the armybook? I want those!
The Gladeguard kit includes a choice of hooded or unhooded heads.
Lovely, the cloaked model is so much cooler
Glory_of_the_Forest
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Glory_of_the_Forest »

I use ONLY the hooded models, painting faces is too hard :P

Well, I suppose that this thread will have to go down. But if somebody hears a rumour about hawks or something in the future feel free to make a new one, I suppose.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Yes, it appears that this is it for Wood Elf rumours, probably for another nine years. Now let's go out and enjoy the new book and the new models we *did* get :D
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog