9th Age, Age of Sigmar and Kings of War

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

9th Age, Age of Sigmar and Kings of War

Post by frogboy »

I'd like to suggest that we have new forums or sub-forums to discuss in particular these three popular systems, 9th Age, Age of Sigmar and Kings of War.

Some of the current forums are fine but with the major changes to Warhammer in general i think there is definitely scope to change the current ones up a bit.

Anyone else have any ideas or input they would like to put forward?

thanks,
frogboy :D
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Re: 9th Age, Age of Sigmar and Kings of War

Post by Naggie »

I know far too little aabout the hobby these days, so I'll listen to your ideas very carefully :)

~ Naggie
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Naggie wrote:I know far too little aabout the hobby these days, so I'll listen to your ideas very carefully :)

~ Naggie
Thanks Naggie, I think I'm in the same boat as you ATM, trying despratly to back peddle and read up on the different systems but I am very far behind.

We need help from the community with suggestions and what they would like to see in the forums...
Jezandu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Jezandu »

I've slotted happily enough into the AoS camp. However, until it is known what the asrai role is in all of this new world(s) I'm not sure what to suggest in terms of story stuff. Battle reports, armies and painting are all still relevant. Many comp lists available that people are now using so people can compare what works etc. Getting some asrai focused scenarios would be good too for those with imagination and time to test them.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Hi Jezandu,

Thanks for the reply, do you think having an AoS section of the forum would encourage more discussion in that area? Each system having its own section might be good. With general sections for other parts like story and painting etc.

Cheers,
frogboy
Niedfaru
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WFB: Wood Elves, 40K: Eldar

Post by Niedfaru »

I think multiple forums is a grand idea, along with an additional subforum for Other Games, which could include anything wood elfy in any wargame, rpg or other such out there that isn't quite so popular.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

I think that is what we are looking for, thanks for the positive feed back. Anyone has anymore ideas then please share
Jezandu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Jezandu »

Yes frogboy I think multi forums would help. Painting can remain a general thing along with discussion about elf stuff. Think things will pick up again once people start getting into which ever game system they want to play. Eventually, one of them will probably dominate! Should there be a forum for 8th?
Etheneus
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elf

Post by Etheneus »

Although I mostly play 9th Age I still enjoy to play 8th with some friends from time to time. One of my friends don't like the 9th or AoS but for some unknown reason loves the End times rules (magic rules not included)
I think forum for 8th, 9th, AoS and KoW is a great start. I'm busy with my Kingdom of Equitaine knights (brets) right now but will soon post pictures of painted elves and convertions
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

It's true, things will start picking up again once the dominant game becomes apparent. Now we need to find Naggie and see what can be done, I know he is busy talking about the future of the site ATM but will definitely get on this soon. Let's see what the King of the Woods says...
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

The King if the Woods says that the future holds many secrets. The ones who sticks around will reap what I sow.

~ Naggie
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Well that sounds exciting, I've always wanted to reap your seed Naggie lol :lol:
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Post by LadyLoec »

Different boards for the various systems would be great. I keep stumbling onto questions about 9th age, then realising there's a reason I don't have a clue what they're on about :D
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

Yep, multiple forums is the best way to handle the different games.
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

It is being discussed, obviously with the current rumors of a site merger and such. For now just carry on the way it is and we can always move topics about in the future.

Things i think would like to see would be separate forums for Age of Sigmar, The 9th Age and Kings of War (not necessarily in that order) which I believe are the main players. Each forum could then have a sub-forum for lists relevant to that system. Or something like this with a little re-shuffling...

Administrative Forums - This could stay the same

General Discussion - Needs the most change
The Hall of Discussion - This could stay the same
The Outer Fields - This could stay the same
The Glade of Generals - possibly have sub-forums for 3 big current games and 1 for everything else
The Call of the Hunt - possibly have sub-forums for 3 big current games and 1 for everything else
The Hall of Honours - This could stay the same
The Pool of Enlightenment - This could stay the same

The Outsider Forums - This could mostly stay the same
Weald of Evolution - possibly have sub-forums for 3 big current games and 1 for everything else
The Meadow of Arts - This could stay the same
The Grove of Tales - This could stay the same
Off Topic - This could stay the same
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

I like it frogboy!
AoS is the greatest!
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Sub-forums will be created if there are enough topics about a specific subject.

~ Naggie
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

For what it's worth, I second the motion!
AoS is the greatest!
Karak Norn Clansman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

As an outsider input, Chaos Dwarfs Online has decided not to create subforums for the various wargames unless there would be a hefty amount of posting in some niche or another, which there hasn't been. Herding it all in a single fold as was done previously with WHFB keeps all the hobby discussion more accessible/easier to stumble across and more useful for those not into KoW, AoS, 9th Age, older WHFB editions or whatever particular branch one pursues. It gets less segregated, you might say. Members, or mods if necessary, tag the threads with [KoW], [9th] and so on. This is to sacrifice the neatness of a closely ordered layout, yet it works well so far and is entirely practical in nature. Whatever rows your boat. :)

Also, though strictly off-topic, without the previous monolithic dominance of GW on the fantasy wargames scene it is very possible that many player groups and areas will go for different wargames rather than one globally dominant, and learning the rules for the other games in town might get advantageous. Not easy for a rules-idiot like me, but this is how the scene has looked for historical wargames all over the place for decades on end, and historicals are larger than both fantasy and sci-fi wargames.