Organizing Threads

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

Stalking_Grendel
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Daemons, Skaven, High Elves; Previously owned: Empire, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen

Organizing Threads

Post by Stalking_Grendel »

Hello -
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, probably they have...

I was wondering if new sub-forums could be created for Heros, Core, Special, and Rare under the General's Forum?

That way all Wild Rider questions would be located in the same "spot" next to the other Special Choices, all Spell-Weaver discussion would be in the Hero's area...

In my opinion it would make searching easier - especially with the search function - and I could be drawn to other similar threads that I wouldn't normally have seen using the search function.
Example, Say I want to see if anyone has had the idea to field a unit of 40 Glade Guard. Having a specific Core Choice sub-forum may make searches easier, and perhaps I may see someone discussing 40+ unit of Eternal Guard instead.

This could even go a step further, and perhaps we could have sub-forums dedicated to each of the other Armies - i.e. Skaven, High Elves, etc.

On the other hand, maybe it's too much work for too little gain - just thought it might make finding good posts easier for the members.

Thanks
Grendel ~
"see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

~ Sir Samuel Vimes

Nightwatch, Terry Pratchett, 2002
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Re: Organizing Threads

Post by Naggie »

One rule of thumb in forum managing is that you should never create new forums and hope that will create an interest in the topic. Instead, you should create new forums when there are many topics on the same subject within another forum. So far, I haven't seen enough threads about such topics to warrant new subforums like you suggest. But if the activity keeps up, I will look into it again.

~ Naggie