Area Fantasy Groups Listings?

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

Revelen
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves

Area Fantasy Groups Listings?

Post by Revelen »

I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times on here, but I've tried searching for related threads and I'm turning up zip. Is there any portion of the site that lists groups/gathering points for Warhammer Fantasy? There was a great spot at the bottom of my street, and it inspired me to start up an army again, but then the cafe closed! Also, I'm likely moving withing a month or so, and it would be cool to find a spot to play right off the bat. Is there any sort of directory/listing of such groups or places?
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Re: Area Fantasy Groups Listings?

Post by dusk1983 »

White dwarf will often have a list of 'registered clubs' although depending on where you live/moving to may not be detailed OR up to date.

Your other option is also to hit up your local hobby store/supplier to see whats going. Problem is of course theres no way of knowing if you're getting yourself involved in a 'bad' gaming group (power gamers, bitchy whingers, rules lawyers etc.) until its too late to extricate yourself from within their midst without burning bridges and making enemies. That said, youve got an equal chance of coming across that in your travels on the internet as well so more power to you.

Im lucky enough to have a small group of friends who play and anytime we get bored of playing one another we try to rope someone else into the hobby. we should be on GW's payroll with the amount of new gamers we bring into the fold regularly.
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
Revelen
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Revelen »

White Dwarf, eh? I'll have to see, although I'm willing to bet Maine is somewhat off the radar, it usually is, for most things. Something to do with being 95% trees, northern, and sparsely populated... There used to be a store RIGHT IN the town I'm moving to, Brunswick. It was called The Keep, and I thought it was about the most-awesomest place on earth, but it seems to have closed sometime in the past decade... The closest place I know of other than that is in Gardiner, about 20 miles away...
tbehrens
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: wood elves, lizard-men

Post by tbehrens »

Well, at least it is not as bad as moving to Chile! Pretty much not a single person who plays, and I can only buy models,paints,etc. when I go to the US every year.

At least I met one person who also moved that plays high elves.
Revelen
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Revelen »

Gasp, NO one? Shudder...
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

As far as I know, we don't have any such list on these forums, but you are free to begin asking people if they can recommend some places or clubs and we'll build a list from that.

~ Naggie