Mobile forum?

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

Jerubaal
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Mobile forum?

Post by Jerubaal »

I've installed Tapatalk on my Android phone in order to view Warseer.
Could this forum be available there, too?
It supports phpBB3 (http://www.tapatalk.com/faq.php) and is free to set up access within the Tapatalk app.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Mobile forum?

Post by Beithir Seun »

We've added it on the Sentinels of Shadows campaign site without any issues. I don't see why there would be a problem adding it here as well. I'll have a word with Naggie and see what we can do :)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

I'll put it on my to-do list.

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

All the changes on the site are made, but the Tapatalk website is one of the worst I've seen (and I focus my school studies on terrible websites) and it won't accept me to put it on the network. If you want to try and find it, go ahead. I don't use that app, so I have no idea on how it works.

~ Naggie
jer732
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by jer732 »

I'm not sure how to interpret your last post, but I did notice that this forum was working on tapatalk for the last several months. Since the site has been down it hasn't been working. Any thoughts of providing access via tapatalk once the kinks are worked out?
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Tapatalk was a big mess to work with. As I don't know how widely used the tapatalk plugin is, I have a hard time making a decision to reinstate it or not.

~ Naggie
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

I personally would just like a mobile skin / theme.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

While it would need new colors, something like this would be great:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... er_mobile/
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Lord Cedric
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Brets (6000+), Dwarfs (3500+), H. Elves (10,000+), D. Elves (3000+), W. Elves (2200+), Skaven (3500+

Post by Lord Cedric »

Personally, I know that I would use Tapatalk. I have purchased the app and use it quite a bit on WarSeer, Warhammer-Empire, and Ogre Stronghold. It's my Warhammer fix while I am at work so I don't miss something or let it get burried under other threads. On the User side, they have, imo, improved it quite a bit since I purchased the app earlier this year. It's very convenient to view posts that I have participated in and helps sort out topics and lets me know if/when I get a PM on any of the forums.

So anyways, here is one vote for the app. Sorry that it's a pain to work with on the software part of it. Maybe their admin could assist?

- Lord Cedric
ARMIES COLLECTED:
Brets (6000+), Dwarfs (3500+), H. Elves (10,000+), D. Elves (3000+), W. Elves (3000+), Skaven (3500+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (3500+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire C. (2500+), Tomb Kings (3500+), WoC (4000+)

Orcs & Goblins painting log:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_ ... =31837&hl=
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

I'll look into it during the next week. Got a lot of other things to take care of, but it's on my to-do list now.

~ Naggie
Lord Cedric
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Brets (6000+), Dwarfs (3500+), H. Elves (10,000+), D. Elves (3000+), W. Elves (2200+), Skaven (3500+

Post by Lord Cedric »

Naggie wrote:I'll look into it during the next week. Got a lot of other things to take care of, but it's on my to-do list now.

~ Naggie
Thank you! Personally, I also hope that the other main Warhammer Forum/Fan sites would follow suite too. Such a convenient little app.

- Lord Cedric
ARMIES COLLECTED:
Brets (6000+), Dwarfs (3500+), H. Elves (10,000+), D. Elves (3000+), W. Elves (3000+), Skaven (3500+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (3500+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire C. (2500+), Tomb Kings (3500+), WoC (4000+)

Orcs & Goblins painting log:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_ ... =31837&hl=
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

My plan right now is to start working on the TapaTalk plugin around Wednesday next week. I have too much stuff to do at the moment with arranging tournaments and festivals this coming weekend, and then I got lots to do for the Nobel party. So I'll get around to it when I get the chance. It looks like I got two hours of free time on Wednesday next week :)

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Tapatalk has been installed again. Latest stable version from them.

Let me know how it works.

~ Naggie
liesmith
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Beastmen

Post by liesmith »

I'll try to check it out tonight, it'll be handy for mid-game, "I read it on Asrai," sort of moments.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

The installation has given me some errors, so I'd be happy to see if it went through anyway. Let me know.

~ Naggie
Lord Cedric
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Lord Cedric »

Nice job and thank you! I am posting this from Tapatalk app on my phone.

So far, it seems to be working. Pics come up, appropriate threads are sorted and my user name input was accepted. I'll give it a more in depth look over after work.

Thank you again for this!!

-Lord Cedric
ARMIES COLLECTED:

Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Tapatalk has now been updated on Asrai to the lastest version (v.3.6.1). They love to send me mails about new updates for the plugin about twice every week. I'll try to do them by batches when I get the chance.

~ Naggie
jer732
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by jer732 »

Thanks so much!
Jerubaal
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Jerubaal »

Thank you too!
abraham
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by abraham »

I have iPhone and want to ask that Tapatalk is being run on this phone and If you say yes then tell me how? thanks in advance.