Background Posting

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

Cynath Auren
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Background Posting

Post by Cynath Auren »

Hi, I don't know if this exists or has been discussed previously, but I was wondering what people would think of a general permanent post of "canonical" WE background, just a place to go to get an overview of the race all in one place. Say,

1. Culture, language (runes sheet etc), basic history, maps
2. Notable individuals from GW sources mini bios (Ariel, Findol, Naith, etc)
3. Interaction with other races (High elves ambassadors visit, possible infiltration of Bretonnia, Thalandor fighting against Von Carstein in the Empire, etc)

Could be from any GW source, current or outdated (stating where it had been explicitly contradicted by a later edition (e.g. Orion's death superceding his retreat into the OoA with Ariel in the old rulebook)), would give new wood elves a bit of the background supplied in the old books and collate from other places.
I was reading a post about HE and WE relations, and someone mentioned Teclis and Finubar had visited Loren which I had never heard of, which made me think that something like this could be good. I don't think it would be too restrictive for peoples own personal fluff, or GW copy write, but I could be wrong. Would be interested to hear whether it'd work/interest people.

Hope this is the right place to post this, Cynath Auren