Things I would like to see in The LEAF

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

Nuada
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Dwarfs, Goblins and Orcs

Things I would like to see in The LEAF

Post by Nuada »

I want to start off by saying how much I love the LEAF articles. I have found them to be a very helpful in developing my army lists and figuring out what magic items to take, the advantages of the different lores of magic, and just general tips on playing as Wood Elves. I am however a little sad there is not more to read on. Firstly, and most importantly, I feel it really needs an article titled "Asrai Army Tutorial- Lords and Heroes" which would obviously discuss all of the Lords and Heroes in the Wood Elf in detail just like the other tutorials. I also highly recommend including in that article discussion on Orion, Naestra and Arahan, and Drycha. I know a lot of people dislike special characters like that, but imo the Wood Elves have some of the best special characters in all of Warhammer (magic twins on a Dragon? Evil tree lady? pretty F***ing awesome if you ask me).

Also I would like to see more painting and modeling articles, specifically tips on how to build trees (I mean come on, we ARE Wood Elves after all). Also any other Games Workshop, Wood Elf building articles/guides/etc that anyone has would be cool (anyone have a copy of Castle Fulk?). And also a guide on how to paint a forest dragon just like Games Workshop did, I think their color scheme is awesome and I would like some tips on how to match it as closely as possible....

So, what does everyone else think?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Things I would like to see in The LEAF

Post by Beithir Seun »

Great to see some suggestions. We are currently (if a little slowly) working on expanding the P&M section, but with the coming of 8th Edition a lot of things have changed and the emphasis right now is on getting the tactics section updated. The fact that the LEAF Team are all rather pressed for time, for a variety of reasons, means that updating the LEAF and adding new articles is going to take longer than we'd like.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog