LEAF articles: Noble

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

waywatcher*kenobi
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarves

LEAF articles: Noble

Post by waywatcher*kenobi »

I was reading the LEAF articles about the characters, and something about the Noble didn't seem right. When the Noble is The Battle Standard Bearer the book says he can't take any magic items. This means no weapons, no enchanted items, the only thing he can take are sprites because they aren't referred as Magic Items. So maybe I am a rule stickler, but that is the way i read it. Are there new rules I am not aware of?
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Re: LEAF articles: Noble

Post by t12161991 »

He may either take a magic standard of no points limit, or magic items at the normal limit of 50.
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
waywatcher*kenobi
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarves

Post by waywatcher*kenobi »

I remembered this morning that that clause is only if he takes a magic banner. I just assumed that he would because that is the only reason I bring him, to get Ariel's banner, because there is no other way to take it. Like when you take an Alter, you assume that the person is taking a great weapon, it just always happens.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

There are actually a number of reasons not to take a magic banner, especially one so expensive as Ariel's Banner. Just because it's the only reason you use a BSB doesn't mean it's the reason :wink:
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Tenderleaf
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Ogre Kingdoms

Post by Tenderleaf »

care to share those reasons?

the bsb still functions as a bsb when carrying a magic banner, doesn't he?

was planning on putting a bsb with blight of terrors and ariel's banner in a unit of eternal guard, to use it as anvil with a treeman ancient and a treeman as hammers in the next legendary battle...
for what are leaves but countless blades to fight the foe on high?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I would be more than happy to share those reasons but not in Questions & Suggestions ;)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog