Autumn Painting Challange 2014

Painting and Modeling Challenges, competitions, and winners.

Moderator: Council of Elders

frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Autumn Painting Challange 2014

Post by frogboy »

Thanks to pip and Jamesaet3 for giving us inspiration for another PM Painting Challenge. I hope you can all find something to paint with this one...
"The End Times is apon us so prepare you defensives, rally your troops or perhaps you know of an archane spell to summon some deathly support."

This Painting Challenge we would like to see anything inspired by the release of Warhammer Nagash The End Times or you may summon the Forest to your aid and paint up a Wood or something you may use as a Wood for your Wood Elves to shelter in.
Normal rules apply. Build and paint something to the description above. Keep it a secrete and once your done send me 1 or 2 best photos via PM.
Anyone can enter, the more the better. (Even if you live South of the equatar and its not really Autumn ;) )
Any Questions just ask me here or via PM.

Prizes. It's with Great pleasure that I can Announce that the Winner of these Challenges will have the privallige of having their work imortialised in the Hallowed Halls of the P&M Monthly Winners thread and in addition will have a shinny medal added to their profile along with the prestigious bragging rights that comes with that.

Also it will once again fall to them with the best endeavour (least votes) to choose the theme of our next Painting Challenge.

This Challenge will run until the leaves have fallen from the trees the wind turns chill and the sky is grey...
The last day of November All entry's must be sent to me by the time I log in on the 1st of December.

OK thanks everybody and good luck,
frogboy
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Re: Autumn Painting Challange 2014

Post by hutobega »

Just so happens I have a forest to paint!
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

hutobega wrote:Just so happens I have a forest to paint!
Happy days, get it on the table...
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

I'm in :)
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Post by Git »

...aaaand I finished up a forest two days ago, and don't really need more... Good luck to those who enter!
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Git wrote:...aaaand I finished up a forest two days ago, and don't really need more... Good luck to those who enter!
How about some undead :D
pip
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WOOD ELVES

Post by pip »

or just a cool unit specifically to fight the undead. The idea was to make it as inclusive as possible. I don't know about frogboy but, "I wanted some new dryads to mow down all the skeletons being summoned" seems like a good enough reason to enter some dryads to me. Hopefully it is easy to find something to work on and enter.
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Post by Git »

frogboy wrote:
Git wrote:...aaaand I finished up a forest two days ago, and don't really need more... Good luck to those who enter!
How about some undead :D
If I had any models or conversion projects going in that direction, sure. I'm starting to get more time available for painting again, though, so I can probably get some other hobby work done.

I did make some "Citadel Woods" a couple weeks ago too. Foamboard cut to citadel wood size and shape (a couple mirrored). I'll just put my old free standing trees on them. Lots of "foresty" work, just ahead of the challenge. :)
pip wrote:or just a cool unit specifically to fight the undead. The idea was to make it as inclusive as possible. I don't know about frogboy but, "I wanted some new dryads to mow down all the skeletons being summoned" seems like a good enough reason to enter some dryads to me. Hopefully it is easy to find something to work on and enter.
Good idea. Dryads have quite a few skeletal details too. I used some to make a Ghost Fence last year.
I'll keep my mind open. If I stumble upon something suitable that I also need to convert/paint/build maybe I'll still enter.
Allendor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Chaos Warriors & Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dark elf, Empire & Orcs & Goblins

Post by Allendor »

I don't know much about the "End of times" however I do have a sizeable Tomb King army that is only primed Khaki with a lot of skellies left to finish painting.
Would an archer unit or warrior unit be eligible?
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Allendor wrote:I don't know much about the "End of times" however I do have a sizeable Tomb King army that is only primed Khaki with a lot of skellies left to finish painting.
Would an archer unit or warrior unit be eligible?
Yes :D
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

So, anyone perfected the art of Necromancy yet or grown a Erie wood ? :paranoid:
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

I might have something finished by the end of the week...
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Jamesaet3
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Jamesaet3 »

Even though I put my two cents into what the next painting competition should be, I'm not going to be able to enter, I have to paint my guys for the Grail Quest coming up in Raliegh next month.
Let them shoot first, we'll shoot best.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Winters fast approaching...

Thinking of giving this until the middle of next month, how's everyone getting on ?

Frogboy
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

Will be having something to post pretty soon. Got some final bits flowing around in the postal system so then I'll be ready to finish soon
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Post by Sunshine coconut »

I got to have my stuff finished by the weekend for a tourney so you should be getting it pretty soon.

For those who are looking for some inspiration I found this today :)

https://www.coolminiornot.com/366745

yea ok it's 40k but so cool and just a little fitting to the end of times.
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
pip
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by pip »

I'm just a little behind ran out of casting material
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Ok People you have the rest of the month to complete something....

November 30th is the last day and submissions must be sent to me by 23:59hrs (UK time) on that day...

Good luck :thumbsup:
pip
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by pip »

frogboy wrote:Ok People you have the rest of the month to complete something....

November 30th is the last day and submissions must be sent to me by 23:59hrs (UK time) on that day...

Good luck :thumbsup:
oh thank god now I can actually produce something I'm happy with rather than that first rushed figure I did. My unit is so close to being finished making. 2 more weapons and its ready to be painted
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Not long left now people...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Ok so final push now, last weekend of the competition, I mean who wants to go Christmas shopping anyway, better to get your favorate podcast on and smash out a 12 hour painting marathon, come on I'll make you famous...

:cool:
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Seasons end, seasons beginning, as one dies one lives and life must go on.

Winter has arrived for us here in the North so that is the signal for this painting competition to come to an end. Look out for the voting thread which will hopefully be up sometime today. No more entry's will be excepted after this post has gone live.

Frogboy