Summer Painting Challenge 2014 [FINISHED]

Painting and Modeling Challenges, competitions, and winners.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Who's your favourite ? [two votes each]

Poll ended at 10 Sep 2014, 23:11

GeoffDiGeoff
15%
Archaeoman
8%
Jamesaet3
4%
pip
4%
BeaverBeliever
69%

Total votes: 26

frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Summer Painting Challenge 2014 [FINISHED]

Post by frogboy »

A cool wind drifts through the canopie rustling the leaves of the Athel Loren, a woodland squirrel pokes his head up from his business below a mighty oak tree and sniffs the air. Time to harvest the nuts and tuck them away, Summer has past.

Ok this signifies the end of our Challenge, we have had 5 entrants which I encourage everybody to have a look at and vote for your favourite.

The Challenge was to create an Avatar in a likeness to yourself...
GeoffDiGeoff
image.jpg
image.jpg
The model is "The Twilight Sisters riding on GeoffDiGeoff" GeoffDiGeoff is a giant black eagle, cousin of Gwindalor who takes over as trusty steed when Gwindalor is away on holiday. His stat line is the same as Gwindalor's but has an additional rule;
Shadow in the wood: Due to the darkness of GeoffDiGeoff's feathers, he is incredibly difficult to see. This means that all ranged attacks against suffer a -1 to hit in addition to any other modifiers.

My painting isn't that great, but I like the way the base turned out, and being able to string the bows was nice (I used my wife's hair). I've tried to show the ying/yang difference between the sisters, by painting Naestra in lighter colours and her arrows a fiery colour (to indicated flaming), while Arahan is darker coloured and her arrows are green (to indicate poison).

I chose to be the eagle, mainly because it's the only time in my life that I will ever be ridden by sisters! *buh dum tish*

Archaeoman
image.jpg
image.jpg
Per my name, I tried to make an archaeologist-spellweaver...with poor eye-sight like me (so hence, eye patch!).
Gwindalor, Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Jamesaet3
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pip
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
BeaverBeliever
image.jpg
image.jpg
I've always thought it'd be really cool to be a Waywatcher, and now that there's a Waywatcher character, that's the guy I'd want to be! Sneaking around in the forest undetected, shooting off sniper shots and then disappearing into the trees sounds right up my alley.
That's it folks, don't forget to vote and if I've missed anyone from the list who thinks they've entered and I haven't posted a picture then please let me know.

Good luck and thanks to everyone who entered,
Frogboy
Last edited by frogboy on 13 Sep 2014, 09:52, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Because I can ;)
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: Summer Painting Challenge 2014 [VOTING]

Post by frogboy »

Oops didnt know i locked this thread, feel free to comment below too :D
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

Great job everyone and I LOVE THE ARCHAEOLOGIST GUY! because well I am also an archaeologist...lol but sadly not sure which to vote for yet...proud of you guys for accomplishing something because i have not done a darn thing. also the eagle...best comment ever.
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

hutobega wrote:Great job everyone and I LOVE THE ARCHAEOLOGIST GUY! because well I am also an archaeologist....
Dr Jones ! Is that you ? :D

Have you ever found any evidence of the old world in your digs ?
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

Stegadon skull...
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

I always knew it, Warhammer is based on real life in the past :D

Keep voting people :thumbsup:
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Re: Summer Painting Challenge 2014 [FINISHED]

Post by frogboy »

We have a Winner !

Congratulations to BeaverBeliever with 18 votes you are the clear Winner, please feel free to take full advantage of your new found bragging rights and look forward to getting a shiny painting medal.

Thanks to everyone else who entered and for everyone who voted I hope to see you all in the next Painting Challenge, which reminds me, it falls to the person with the least amount of votes to decide what we will paint in the next Challange and this time we have two worthy candidates so Jameseat3 and pip please can you both PM me with your ideas and we will secretly decide and revieal the topic of the Autumn Challange next week.

Thanks again
Frogboy
BeaverBeliever
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by BeaverBeliever »

Thanks, everyone! It was great to see everyone else's models in the challenge. Hopefully I can put something up for the next one, too.
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

Grats BB :) I must try harder ;)
jzhyrone
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by jzhyrone »

Congrats to the winners! And i know every one are winners for the effort they did...keep it up always folks! Till next time. :D