Summer 2014 Painting Challenge

Painting and Modeling Challenges, competitions, and winners.

Moderator: Council of Elders

frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Summer 2014 Painting Challenge

Post by frogboy »

Summer is hear and in full swing (well unless you live South of the equator, then you may well be having winter now ?) and for us lucky people here on Asrai.org we are having another Painting Challange to celebrate.

Being Wood Elves we all love summer, dancing and singing, making jokes a dealing death to those who enter our borders in search of fruits. Yes summers have always been full of war in the Old World, troops hate the winter traditionally and there is absolutely nothing better than a good old war in the midst of the summer sun.

As our book has been out now for a short while I'm sure you have all got a formidable amount of troops amassed for the big Summer Push but have you got a leader ? Someone brave witty and not afraid to fall back and swift reform in the face of terrifying danger. I didn't think so, so to that end we would like to see painted any Character from the Wood Elf Army Book, someone or something to lead your forces, but it has to be in your own image, that's right you will be required to take to the field yourself. Weather you are a powerful Mage, a mighty Treeman, a dandy Highborn or a humble frogboy like myself.
Git wrote:My idea is to convert and paint an Avatar. Make a Wood Elf character to represent yourself, or your ideal self...
Thanks to Git for coming up with this great idea :D :thumbsup:

Rules

i) Keeping it a secrete and not revealing your entry until after I post the voting thread, entry's must be a Character from the Wood Elf Army Book.
ii) Must be built Painted and Based within the time frame set out.
iii) Your Entry must represent you in some way, because of your forum name or because you got sawdust between your ears, think of something and use it to create an Avatar of yourself.
iv) Counts as are fine and for an example have a look at my Drycha/Branchwraith.
Frogboy on the march...
Frogboy on the march...
v) Send two photos of your entry's to me once complete via PM, but please check to see if they are compatible with our site first as I am rubbish at all this resizing, links from other sites etc.
vi) Entry's should be sent to me no later than the 1st of September. That gives us all about 7 weeks to complete one model !

Prizes

1st place will be the entry with the most votes after the poll has finished, they will get a shiny medal in their profile which comes with the Asrai.org prestigious bragging rights.

Also there will be an award to the best endeavour, for the least amount of votes and they will have the honour of choosing the next Painting Challenge.

Good luck and may your painting strokes stay steady :D :thumbsup:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
urifici
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Summer 2014 Painting Challenge

Post by urifici »

I'm in!
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Nice one urifici first off the mark again :thumbsup:

Anyone else ?
Laureku
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Laureku »

Well, why not looks like fun :3
Garion
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Garion »

I will try. But converting is something I'm not so good at.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Well just give it your best shot, its the taking part that counts.

Cheers
Frogboy
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Well with a little over a month to go how is everyone getting on ? Anyone one else fancy joining in ?
Valhaal
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Valhaal »

Being brand new to the forum, I think this will be my "intro" to painting and delving into my wood elves. I have so much to build, that trying to put together 1 model and paint him up to reflect myself as an avatar would be a lot of fun! Expect an entry from me, although it'll probably be close to right before the deadline. Time to get to work!
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Yes well said Valhaal, to work you dogs !

:D
SnorriNosebiter
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by SnorriNosebiter »

Hello world I too will be taking part in this painting challenge, like valhaal I am a new member and this will be my first character for the wood elves! I wish you all the best of luck!

-Snorri Nosebiter
Aegritudo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Aegritudo »

I am hoping that GW (I actually bought somethings from them directly, first time in a long while) gets my stuff here so I can start getting The Bringer of Sorrow to the battlefield! And to this here challange! :-)
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Happy days always good to have extra contestants :D :thumbsup:
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

I'll have a bash at this :) I make no promise on quality though! Oh and do I get extra votes as 1st September is my birthday? :sexy:
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Yes you get lots of extra votes, hundreds :wink:
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

So funny story! Yall know I don't paint often because well LIFE!!!! but I expect to be painting soon as my girlfriend is leaving me for Montana :( no not forever she is going to graduate school WOOHOO. I'm stuck home saving money and well I'll have lots more free time! And I'm bying wild riders and sisters soooo gotta get to work!

:EDIT: I need a leader OBVIOUSLY! lol
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

FREEDOM ! :D :thumbsup:

Just make sure you get some eye protection as that much "free time" could lead to blindness :lol:
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by hutobega »

I wouldn't say freedom! just different use of time. I should have painted more before she loved when i painted anyways it was more of a motivation (other things I'd rather do) sort of feeling heh.
Jamesaet3
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Jamesaet3 »

I'm a little late so I won't be participating, just gonna have to catch the next one.

Autumn Competition?
Let them shoot first, we'll shoot best.
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Post by Sunshine coconut »

Well it wont be a scratch start since I have another modelling project that needs to be started. But I do have a converted model that now has similar traits to myself. So to the painting table I go!
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
Samoht
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos Dwarfs, Beastmen, Dark Eldar

Post by Samoht »

Jamesaet3 wrote:I'm a little late so I won't be participating, just gonna have to catch the next one.

Autumn Competition?
I'm only just back from my wild Chinese adventure, but I'm still going to give an entry a shot, it's only one model. I always see these as a good incentive to just get on with it.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Samoht wrote:
Jamesaet3 wrote:I'm a little late so I won't be participating, just gonna have to catch the next one.

Autumn Competition?
I'm only just back from my wild Chinese adventure, but I'm still going to give an entry a shot, it's only one model. I always see these as a good incentive to just get on with it.
That's the spirit Samoht ! :thumbsup:

We've still got a couple of weeks to go but just wanted to let you guys know not to panic if I don't immediately up date the thread with the voting, Mrs Frog is due with our second batch of tadpoles in September so if the little blighter pops early there may be a slight delay

Cheers,
Frogboy
Jamesaet3
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Jamesaet3 »

Alright, I'll give it a shot. I've got to finish my bsb on a steed anyways. Wish me luck....
Let them shoot first, we'll shoot best.
Archaeoman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Archaeoman »

This sounds like so much fun! Well, not much time left but it'll be a great excuse to try my hand at painting again! Here goes nothing...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your efforts.
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by hutobega »

I had luck is taking paint OFF my guys... does that count??? lol i am the worst when it comes to painting ugh.