New Book Painting Challenge May-June 2014

Painting and Modeling Challenges, competitions, and winners.

Moderator: Council of Elders

frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

New Book Painting Challenge May-June 2014

Post by frogboy »

New book means new models, it's what we've all been waiting for. In Popsisdead's absence I'll be running the painting challenges, so all entries to me via PM please.

Rules are simple, for any of you new guys to painting competitions, you will have at least one month to completely paint and base your entry from scratch and PM me with a photo or two before the cut off point of which I will give notice later in the month. It's meant to be kept a secrete so no premature revealings in your own blog. After which we will have a voting period and then a winner. We expect this Challenge to run until the Summer so you will have at least one month to complete your entry.

This Challenge we want to see a unit of Wild Riders or Sisters of the Thorn, you can use any miniatures you want old or new, make your own or convert something up. If your going all counts as, for example using warewolves or something, that's fine just be sure they can be clearly identified and based correctly, we don't want to see a picture of your Abomb with a tag saying "counts as 5 WW".

Prizes, A medal for the winner.

Closing date will be the end of June

Good luck and get painting :D :thumbsup:

Frogboy
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Re: New Book Painting Challenge May 2014

Post by Sunshine coconut »

such excite
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

This is sad actually. We are already halfway through may, I don't get to head back to GW until the 24th... and busy with tournaments until the 7th. Means no new models and no painting challenge for me :( (No fighting for last place this month).

I guess you don't wanna make it a summer solstice challenge? ( I believe it is the 21st of June for UK).
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Sounds like a good idea, I did say entry's will have at least 1 month so that will take us until the end of June then we can still have a Summer Challenge after that.

:D
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Vampire Counts, Wood Elves

Post by robtion »

Once again I shall be there :nod:
Turin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Turin »

I'll join in.
Never participated before, but now there are new Minis and that alone is reason enough.
Because I'm a slow painter, I hope I get it finished in time ... :roll:

And I like Sunshine Coconut's last entry ! No need to already accept the last place - and even that would show you did finish an entry ! :nod:
Not sure, I will get there in time ... :o
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

It dosnt matter win or loose, just taking part is what it's all about :thumbsup:
Pigey
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Pigey »

One day I'll have enough money to afford paints, and I'll join haha!
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

As soon as I get my new models I'll start painting the crap out of them....it's weird actually. I preordered before Wednesday prior to release and still haven't gotten as much as a mould line...freakin' snail mail...
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

I've got plenty of mould lines you can have Baardah :wink:
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Turin wrote: And I like Sunshine Coconut's last entry ! No need to already accept the last place - and even that would show you did finish an entry ! :nod:
Not sure, I will get there in time ... :o
You know how to make a young elf blush. Thanks :D I suspect my camera work could do with a brush up but this is the 2nd time I've fought for that bottom tier. But painting is awesome and I love these competitions! Win or lose they have some amazing entries in them and would hate to miss out :D

Thanks for the extension Frogboy! Count me in, I just read back over the rule of wild riders and they sound AMAZING! Already knew I liked the models!
urifici
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by urifici »

May I join?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Everyone is welcome to join. Just send a picture (or pictures) of your entry to Frogboy before the end of June, and you have entered!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
urifici
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by urifici »

Beithir Seun wrote:Everyone is welcome to join. Just send a picture (or pictures) of your entry to Frogboy before the end of June, and you have entered!
ok then! I'm in!
Jamesaet3
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Jamesaet3 »

How many wild riders do we have to have? 5? 10?
Let them shoot first, we'll shoot best.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Jamesaet3 wrote:How many wild riders do we have to have? 5? 10?
We want a unit of Wild Riders or Sisters of Thorn, so I'd say minimum of 5 unless you have some clever way of using unit fillers etc. Ultimately the winner will come from the community as they will vote for there favourite, so go "wild" :D
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

I actually had no money to buy models for this :/ BUT after winning best sports at a tourney, I got $50 of gift vouchers for the combat company :) The dudes there were so good. They are adding my wild riders onto their order for next time they come into stock :D
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Re: New Book Painting Challenge May-June 2014

Post by frogboy »

Happy days ! Hope everyone is getting on ok with the Challenge. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the entries.
Turin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Turin »

First one converted and primed.
Man, that will be a tight schedule for me ... :crazy:
urifici
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by urifici »

first unit almost done muahahahhahahaha
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

First unit ? :eek: how many you planning on painting ?
Turin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Turin »

Well, according to his Thread 1 Sisters & 3 Riders ...

I don't know if he is converting or not, but he is using airbrush ... that helps with the time - and it's looking real good !

I'm using more Green Stuff than ever before (that's not much, but it is a new experience for me) and parts of other minis - it just takes time to make it fit ... :wink:
urifici
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by urifici »

I hope I can reach 2 units of 6 wildraiders :)

Until when do we have time? I mean, do I have all of June to paint? Or should I send the pictures before... I don't know 15th?
Turin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Turin »

As far as I know the pics must be sent to frogboy before Mon, June 30th.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Turin wrote:As far as I know the pics must be sent to frogboy before Mon, June 30th.
Yes that is correct, I will allow a little leniency because of the difference in time zones etc but if everyone aims for Mon, June 30th that should be fine.

Keep up the good work everyone

:D :thumbsup: