Spring 2014 Painting Challenge [VOTING]

Painting and Modeling Challenges, competitions, and winners.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Vote for your 2 favourite entries!

Poll ended at 02 May 2014, 16:23

Entry #1 - Playonwords
36%
Entry #2 - Njaalbear
2%
Entry #3 - Anathir
2%
Entry #4 - robtion
19%
Entry #5 - Sunshine coconut
3%
Entry #6 - godswearhats
10%
Entry #7 - Allendor
10%
Entry #8 - SquidBoy
6%
Entry #9 - Baardah
10%

Total votes: 88

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Spring 2014 Painting Challenge [VOTING]

Post by Beithir Seun »

Hello, and welcome to the voting thread for the Spring 2014 Painting Challenge!

With the new army book racing over the horizon (and, indeed, already in the hands of some lucky people), we challenged you to get that final unit painting before all the new models hit. We've had some fantastic entries, so now is your chance to choose your favourite.

We would like you to vote for your 2 favourite entries

Entry #1 - Playonwords

Entry #2 - Njaalbear

Entry #3 - Anathir

Entry #4 - robtion

Entry #5 - Sunshine coconut

Entry #6 - godswearhats

Entry #7 - Allendor

Entry #8 - SquidBoy

Entry #9 - Baardah

Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Allendor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Chaos Warriors & Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dark elf, Empire & Orcs & Goblins

Re: Spring 2014 Painting Challenge [VOTING]

Post by Allendor »

OMG great stuff here.
My hats off to you all.
You all win in my mind.
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Vampire Counts, Wood Elves

Post by robtion »

Amazing entries all around, really hard to choose, good work team Wood Elf :thumbsup:

@Playonwords: Wow that is some paint job :eek: I envy your skills.

@ Squidboy: You got my vote, great conversions and a unique vision.

@Allendor: You got my other vote as I love the mini, the neat conversion, and the great colour scheme and paint job.
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

@play on words & Allendor! Love the painting! You got my votes! :D
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
Anathir
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Anathir »

I voted for 1 and 4.
LA
SquidBoy
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by SquidBoy »

Playonwords is obviously a worthy winner. It is a lovely model!
But I placed my votes on Robtion and Sunshine Coconut, Because it is an awesome mossy forest dragon and a wonderful Orion model with spectacular vivid green colors!

But feel free to place your votes on the treekins because.. let´s be honest, they are the best ;) :lol:
Sienna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Space Wolves, Tyranid, Wood Elves, someday Beastmen

Post by Sienna »

Everything looks equally amazing, it's hard to pick just two :3 Great job, people :D
You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Voting will end at the end of this Weekend, Sunday 11th May 23:59 hrs (Central European Time)

Winning Announcement will be made in the next challenge which will commence on Monday 12th...

Let the Wild Hunt Begin

Good luck :D :thumbsup:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
strategem
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Ogres

Post by strategem »

wow, great work done on all the models entered
it makes me :cry: that I can't paint like that
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by robtion »

A convincing win by playonwords and well deserved. That is some mighty fine painting right there ;)

Great to see all the creativity in these challenges though, really inspirational. Let's keep them going :thumbsup:
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

frogboy wrote:Voting will end at the end of this Weekend, Sunday 11th May 23:59 hrs (Central European Time)

Winning Announcement will be made in the next challenge which will commence on Monday 12th...

Let the Wild Hunt Begin

Good luck :D :thumbsup:

Just so people don't get confused I'll put this in large words, Voting is still open...
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by robtion »

Just so people don't get confused I'll put this in large words, Voting is still open...

Wait...what... :confused: So are you saying voting is still open? Like we can still vote right now?!?

Just being cheeky, sorry frogboy :D I was just counting someone else's chickens before they hatch for them. You know, for fun :crazy:
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

robtion wrote:Just so people don't get confused I'll put this in large words, Voting is still open...

Wait...what... :confused: So are you saying voting is still open? Like we can still vote right now?!?

Just being cheeky, sorry frogboy :D I was just counting someone else's chickens before they hatch for them. You know, for fun :crazy:
Yes I understand but other newer members might see this thread and want to vote, now there is no confusion :D
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

We have a Winner

Congratulations to Playonwords for smashing it out the park, a clear victory on (at the time of counting) 31 votes. Only robtion got close with 17 votes. In joint third we have, on 9 votes each, godswearhats, Allendor and Baardah. Well done and a big thank you to everyone else who entered its great to get this level of support. Stand by for the next one...

Cheers,
Frogboy
Playonwords
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Playonwords »

Thanks for all the votes guys! And thanks to popisdead, Beithir and frogboy for running the challenge. It certainly gives me some motivation to get a project finished.

All contestants were worthy, but hats off particularly go to Robtion (obviously another favorite). To godswearhats (but do they though? ;) ), your wardancers are exactly the way i've chosen to paint mine (however im guessing you ran out of time to base them for the challenge). To Allendor, that is one excellent conversion - and thanks for bringing that mini to my attention, i hadn't seen it before. My other personal pick was Baardah with a fantastic unit of converted wildriders. Somehow I don't think that pic does them justice (though i haven't seen them in the flesh).

Look forward to seeing you all (and hopefully other entries) in the next challenge!
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Happy days and thanks for the kind comments Playonwords, look forward to getting your shiny new medal and for anybody wondering how they can get involved in the next painting challenge check out the link below...

http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26719
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by robtion »

Playonwords wrote:Thanks for all the votes guys! And thanks to popisdead, Beithir and frogboy for running the challenge. It certainly gives me some motivation to get a project finished.

All contestants were worthy, but hats off particularly go to Robtion (obviously another favorite). To godswearhats (but do they though? ;) ), your wardancers are exactly the way i've chosen to paint mine (however im guessing you ran out of time to base them for the challenge). To Allendor, that is one excellent conversion - and thanks for bringing that mini to my attention, i hadn't seen it before. My other personal pick was Baardah with a fantastic unit of converted wildriders. Somehow I don't think that pic does them justice (though i haven't seen them in the flesh).

Look forward to seeing you all (and hopefully other entries) in the next challenge!
Thanks Playonwords, very gracious of you. I look forward to seeing your next entry however I vote you must paint with your non-dominant hand in the next challenge to give everyone else a chance :p
Playonwords
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Playonwords »

robtion wrote: Thanks Playonwords, very gracious of you. I look forward to seeing your next entry however I vote you must paint with your non-dominant hand in the next challenge to give everyone else a chance :p
Hmm, i vote 'no' to that suggestion. But if its any consolation, know that i take an eternity to paint anything, so i might not have anything to show at the next challenge.