The cursed host of Baliel. Tale of X gamers. 1000 finished:)

Painting and Modeling Challenges, competitions, and winners.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

The cursed host of Baliel. Tale of X gamers. 1000 finished:)

Post by Baardah »

Here is my background for my tale of X gamers Vampire Counts army
-" kiiilll theeeem, bolssster your forcessss…"
- "No, by the blessing of the lady I won't. I can't....but i will"

The sword in my hand descends. Blood splatters, making cobweb patters on my blackened armor as the sanguine liquid runs down the metal. I lick my lips and feel a rush of pleasure when the blood disperses in my ash-dry mouth. Well, at least it resembles pleasure, as I recall it. Pleasure and agony, excruciating agony, as the red mist withdraw from my milky eyes and I look upon my deeds. In a wide radius around me lays severed heads…limbs...exposed entrails.
As I cry dry tears over the suffering I have brought, I see the mangled corpses starting to twitch and turn. I recall a time long ago when this sight abhorred me.
I look over towards the robed figure chanting. His long, bony fingers twitching as if he is running an unholy puppet show. In a way he is.... I despise the vile creature, the Puppetmaster.
I let him believe he is my master yet, I mearly look upon him as my quartermaster. He runs things, tends my unholy host.
In the meantime i can consentrate fully on vengeance.…

You may ask what a diabolical creature like me have to avenge, if I'm not someone to have vengeance wrought upon me....
Well, I most certainly am the latter, though I have my share of vengeance to deal out too.
I remember the day I was turned. I remember it like it was yesterday. I've lost count of the years that has passed since. My lands where besieged by a Tilean mercenary-force. I have to this day never found out what it was that made them declare war on us. My castle was filled with refugees from the country-side. The second winter of siege was on the brink. During the summer we sallied forth from the castle me and my sworn knights. We pushed the assailants back towards our borders. Three times I wounded their commander, even though I killed him once, yet three times he was back on the battlefield within days, completely ressurected from wounds that should have kept even Guille Le Bretton in hospital for an entire battle season.
Their ranks never seemed to diminish either. Sure, on the battlefield when we won the day, the field was strewn with our dead enemies, yet the day after, what seemed to be the excact same number of enemies faced us on the field again.
Then one night as, I lay awake pondering ways to withstand yet another siege-winter, somehow, probably through dark sorcery, the enemy got a spy into my very own chambers. She was as beautiful. Beautiful and deadly. Within what seemed only as a second, she held me on a spot with luring, seducing eyes. The next thing I remember is an excrushiating pain as the lie succubus bites my neck.
Then more pain. You see, I had been blessed by the lady and had drunk from her holy grail. Now my own body was the battlefield as the holiness of the lady was fighting off the unholy infection of the blood kiss... A victor has not yet been determined, although the raging battles ravaging my body with pain is now reduced to skirmishes causing only mere ache. I'm a contradiction. I am half. I'm pure evil and angelic holiness. I am blessed by the lady and cursed by the blood kiss. I'm a grail knight and I am a vampire.
For the hundreds of years that have passed since I was cursed, I have sought vengeance. My thirst is not yet fulfilled. I have equipped myself with the tools needed for my quest. I have studied forbidden lore. I have perfected my martial abilities. I have churned through libraries in search for clues leading to the identity of the one responsible for my ill fortune. I have awoken my people. My people are with me in my search. May my soul forever be cursed. May the lady bless my quest...
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: The cursed host of Baliel. Tale of X gamers.

Post by frogboy »

Wow love the fluff Baardah, that could be the start of a really good book, looking forward to see what your going to do with the models too :)
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

The army is going to be pretty vanilla... Maybe if I had more time I'd do some knights of the realm to black knight conversions. The background will better match troop choices than the individual model....
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

My armylist:

The Puppetmaster:
Master Necromancer lvl 3
The Cursed Book

Ser Baliel
Vampire
Lvl 1, Lore of Vampires
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sword of Strife
Dragonhelm

Summon Creatures of the Night
Quickblood

Riding Barded Nightmare

Core:

Ser Baliels hunting hounds
5 Direwolves

Castle Baliels Men at arms
15 skeleton warriors
Full command group
Banner of Eternal Flame

The Hired Swords
10 Crypt Ghouls

Special:

Knights of the Black Grail
5 Black Knights
Musician, Standard Bearer
Barding, Lances

Rare

The mad Brother
Varghulf

997 points

That item is a horse...
Dudds
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dudds »

Really tempted by VC so looking forward to seeing this one :evil:
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Here is the test model ( that decided my color scheme:
And first unit done. Skeleton warriors (started these before the contest)

That item is a horse...
Tuhis
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Post by Tuhis »

Cool background story! The skeletons and vampire have nice amount of gore and evil feel in them. Looking good so far, I especially like the freehand skull on the wing.
The Forest Lord Daereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by The Forest Lord Daereth »

The cloak looks a nice and rich red.
Always remember the first rule of military command: "They don't like it up 'em!"
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Than for comments. Looking forward to getting back home from vacation so I can get going with the army. 2 more weeks of warhammer absence

That item is a horse...
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Dwarves and Skaven

Post by ThaneWill »

Wow Baardah, your army looks really epic already. I swear I have seen that vampire before though, have you perhaps ever posted it elsewhere?

And also, a personal question for you, if you win (I think you have a good chance) will you win a commission for yourself?
' Wood elves are not treehugging hippies!!!"

darkened fantasy, WHFB forum

Aka: (chaos) ThaneWill and Willqueek (for all members of other forums)
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Thx thane. The VC lord is painted a while ago, and yes, posted on various forums too. But it's added here as a pointer to my color scheme. It's the first VC model I bought and painted....

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

And if I win, Ill offer at least the commision to the runner up

That item is a horse...
The Forest Lord Daereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Why not do a commission for yourself? ;)
Always remember the first rule of military command: "They don't like it up 'em!"
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Malkrit »

Or one of the other contestants might want to do a commision for you, I know I would do it if you asked me for it.
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

I'm not shure if I'll put my entry up for voting. It's just abit awkward winning a competition I'm running myself. I'm just in it for the kicks and to see the site thrive with activity :)

That item is a horse...
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Malkrit »

I think everyone is driven by those reasons, winning would just be a neat little side thing :P
C'mon, put your entry up aswell! It would only be fair if you did so. ^^
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

If it makes you feel better Baardah, how about I refuse to buy you the prize if you win? :D
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

@beithir: Hehe. We could do that. And I'll refuse to paint anything more of my models :)

Seriously though, it's most likely not going to be a problem.

That item is a horse...
von Blacke
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Imperial Guard, SM Scouts and Wood Elves

Post by von Blacke »

looks fantastic baardah :eek: . VC has always attracted me and I'm eager to get my hands on them so your plog is showcasing the range for me :sexy:

what is your opinion on the matic undead range?
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

von Blacke wrote:looks fantastic baardah :eek: . VC has always attracted me and I'm eager to get my hands on them so your plog is showcasing the range for me :sexy:

what is your opinion on the matic undead range?
First of all thank you :)

The mantic undead are cool models, but they can't be compared to the GW ones in detail. I do have some mantic ghouls, and they are ok, but I rate GW's higher. The prize is what's speaking for mantic IMO.

Also I think a mantic undead army can be jut as good and cool looking as a GW one, but I don't think they mix well.

That item is a horse...
von Blacke
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Imperial Guard, SM Scouts and Wood Elves

Post by von Blacke »

Baardah wrote: First of all thank you :)

The mantic undead are cool models, but they can't be compared to the GW ones in detail. I do have some mantic ghouls, and they are ok, but I rate GW's higher. The prize is what's speaking for mantic IMO.

Also I think a mantic undead army can be jut as good and cool looking as a GW one, but I don't think they mix well.
Agree with you there. The gw skeletons look fantastic compared to the mantic ones.

Its just the price difference that makes them appealing :confused:
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Back to hobbytime after beeing off for vacation. Small update as I've done two Direwolves tonight basecoated and wash. All they need now is a drybrush/highlight and basing

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

More WIP

Dire Wolves and Varghulf

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Finished "ser Belials hunting hounds"

And "the mad Brother"

That item is a horse...
The Forest Lord Daereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

I like the basing on the vargulf, and a nice touch with the blood on the teeth. :)