Anyone playing online currently? Where? How?

Play all your WFO battles in here!

Moderator: Council of Elders

GladeLars
Newcomer
Newcomer

Anyone playing online currently? Where? How?

Post by GladeLars »

Hi,
I have been trying to find a place/method to game online, preferably by email or something where you do not have to play the full game in one sitting. (I understand on universalbattle.com with the pro account you can actually save games). Is anyone currently playing using that or battle chronicler and what forums are active on this? I have done some googling but hope I have missed something as I have not really found anything..
Thanks,
Lars
Last edited by godswearhats on 06 Jan 2014, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified post title as per thread
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: WE,Ogres

Re: Anyone playing currently? Where? How?

Post by irishfarmer »

I do not wish to play online, but would not mind finding some gamers in the Flint and Lansing areas to throw dice with!
Track those crazy rumors and their rumor mongers!!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 48304.page
GladeLars
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by GladeLars »

I can not change the subject of the thread, but from the forum it is posted in and the content of the original post, I was hoping it is obvious that I was referring to _online playing only_ and it is of course appreciated if replies are to that and not physical, geographical locations. Thanks (but I suppose no one is).
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by irishfarmer »

GladeLars wrote:I can not change the subject of the thread, but from the forum it is posted in and the content of the original post, I was hoping it is obvious that I was referring to _online playing only_ and it is of course appreciated if replies are to that and not physical, geographical locations. Thanks (but I suppose no one is).
Oops! Sorry! In my defense, the question on the thread does not seem to me to limit the response, and WFO is a very specific war-game played on line that is actually either defunct of is about to be. Quite honestly, I only look at the hot and new topics through the portal, and so did not find the thread through the WFO forum.

Homo Ludens
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Homo Ludens »

There is a hobby store in Flint. They just hosted a Fantasy event.
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by irishfarmer »

Homo Ludens wrote:There is a hobby store in Flint. They just hosted a Fantasy event.
Did you participate? Sounds like you are familiar with the region. I am looking for something more in the Owosso Corunna area.

Homo Ludens
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Homo Ludens »

Yeah, I'm in metro detroit. All I know is that there was a Warhammer tourney sponsored by a hobby shop in Flint. Not sure which.
Homo Ludens
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Homo Ludens »

Likely Rider's on south Linden.
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by irishfarmer »

Homo Ludens wrote:Likely Rider's on south Linden.
It was Gamer's Sanctuary, which is not too far from there. I'd like to find some closer opponents than flint if I can, or at least people who are willing to travel out to where I live on a rotating basis, or who live half way between Flint and Lansing (Owosso area). I used to play in Flint, but people stopped showing up, so I am looking for individuals who play rather than a store where it "could" be played, if you know what I mean. :D

Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Re: Anyone playing online currently? Where? How?

Post by Sunshine coconut »

Universal battle is a good web site.

It provides basic templates (easy to make) terrain, dice simulator, measuring tools and templates.

you can save games. and find battles with friends and random people.
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
GladeLars
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by GladeLars »

Thanks sunshine coconut,
Are you playing with a woodelf army on it? -It doesn't seem to me that there are a lot of WE "models" on at least the guest available models?
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Post by Sunshine coconut »

no problem. It's a really cool resource for testing new stuff without investing $$ into it.

I play WE,Ogres,O&G and WoC there.

It's not a GW based site. you can play all manner of games there. So there are generic elf stuff available. I would recommend buying the life time membership. I think it was like $30 or something.
You can design and save your own armies then. You can make a template for each individual model type in the book.
Sorry I'd offer to run you through a game, but am quite busy with study atm :(

If you ask to join my local gaming club's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndlegionsc/?fref=ts
There are a few of us there who use it, one of them should be keen :)
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(