[C] WFO: mawpit (VC) vs. TheMiz (WE) - 500 pts.

Play all your WFO battles in here!

Moderator: Council of Elders

mawpit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: WFO: mawpit (VC) vs. TheMiz (WE) - 500 pts.

Post by mawpit »

Yes I totally missed your rolls somehow :)

Ok so one ghoul, two attacks 4s to hit, poisoned.
Result of the throw of dice "2d6" :

2 + 5 = 7 one hit......
to wound.....
Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

1 = 1
Nothing.

Vampires horse...
Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

3 = 3

Missed

Mr Vamp...come on !
Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

2 + 5 + 5 = 12 two hits...

To wound
Result of the throw of dice "2d6" :

1 + 2 = 3
no wounds

To sum up...Nothing against you. You have 9 wounds a flank and out number so um thats 11, I have one flank so back to a difference of ten.
I lose 10 more ghouls and my general also takes 10 wounds being on the losing side. Um thats pretty much it.

Thank you very much for the game. I'm sorry it got off to a slow and slightly shaky start. I got totally out manouvered and soundly beaten :)

I would like some feedback on mistakes etc so if anyone wants to jump in with critiques etc they are welcome.
WE Played: 30 Win:17 Draw:3 Loss:10
TheMiz
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: WFO: mawpit (VC) vs. TheMiz (WE) - 500 pts.

Post by TheMiz »

Thank you very much for the game.

I'm no tactician, but I think you made a mistake on turn 2 when my yellow dryads got on the flank of your red dire wolves. I haven't really played against VC in real life, but there are a couple of guys in our area that play them... I have seen games, and I know that those dire wolves are pretty fragile. My strategy was to attack the dire wolves and avoid the ghouls. I thought that ghouls with T4 would be hard to wound, and I wasn't looking forward to automatic poisoned wounds. Obviously you had ineffective magic, and I think that you could have prevented a lot of outmaneuvering if you kept your ability to raise zombies. The Gaze is a powerful spell, but you need strong rolls to get it off.

Well, that is my 2 cents. Thanks again for the game... I used a list and units that I am very familiar with, which I did not do in my game versus AMA.
mawpit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: [C] WFO: mawpit (VC) vs. TheMiz (WE) - 500 pts.

Post by mawpit »

I think I made some key mistakes in taking gaze of nagash and not raising zombies. I think the raise ghouls ability would have been more helpful too.
I underestimated how fragile the dire wolves were and did that again today at the LGS in a 1000 game. Taking them out lost all support I had for the ghouls. I am not used to using rank and file and didnt realise how manouverable skirmishers really are. I play WE normally and took it for granted its not till you play against them that it really shows. I think you took a perfect counter force for VC with great CC ability. That was what got me today too, WD and Dryads in each flank then killing blow on the general. I killed a single Wildrider with a zombie. It was a total disaster.
However as they are undead they shall just be reanimated and go again later :)

Thanks again for the game.
WE Played: 30 Win:17 Draw:3 Loss:10