Warhammer Cascade

Post ideas and develop rules or stats for whatever you want in here. Asrai units as well as other races

Moderator: Council of Elders

godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Warhammer Cascade

Post by godswearhats »

My local group has made some minor changes to the rules with the aim of greatly speeding up the game for organized play. The hope is to get play to 2 hours for 2500 point games, consistently.

Please take a look and give me any feedback you might have.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lAg ... cslist_api
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Re: Warhammer Cascade

Post by NonnoSte »

Ehy GWH,
Nice job. How are you feeling playing with these rules?
In particular I was curious about war machines. Aren't cannon too random and of little efdect with casual strength? Once I read about the possibility to make them scatter as the actual stonenthrowers and bounce sttight away in the same direction.
The new rules for stone throwers scattering also make me wonder what did you dislike about using scatter and artillery dice.

Anything else seems much easier and faster, tough.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Scatter dice are fine too and I'm not even sure the template is needed. However, people tend to roll the scatter die in a weird spot and then argue about exactly how many models get covered and who is under the center.

One of the biggest complaints about cannon is how accurate they are and how devastating. We may have defanged them too much, given the rules changes to ridden monsters, but I'm not sure we have enough games under our belts to say for certain.
Wu Kong
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Goblins

Post by Wu Kong »

Seems alright. I suppose Banner of the World dragon no longer has a 2++ against magic attacks in CC and Shooting? Also, it appears as though you cannot Dweller a unit with that banner in it effectively. I wonder which way I'd prefer to fight against it. Hah. Over all, it seems like it'd help keep things streamlined pretty well, though.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Well, with today's rules any unit with Banner of World Dragon is pretty much immune to the whole Daemons army, and immune to virtually everything scary in Skaven.