Durthu -End Times-

Post ideas and develop rules or stats for whatever you want in here. Asrai units as well as other races

Moderator: Council of Elders

alexwellace
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Durthu -End Times-

Post by alexwellace »

Durthu, Regent-King of the Greenwood

It was only when Ariel passed from the world and merged with Allariel the Everqueen did Durthu's mind clear. For it was he who made the original pact between Elves and the Forest with the past Everqueen Astarielle and he held much love for her, and he saw her reborn in the union of both facets of Isha. At the touch of her hand, thousands of years of resentment melted away and the Laments of Dispair found new radiance, and such Durthu knew his duty. With Ariel gone, it was up to him as one of two remaining Elders to hold Athel Loren in check during the turmoil of the new Elven transition and guide it into a new age of prosperity. Now with command of fully half of the power of all the Ancients before him, Durthu goes forth to lead the Forest from the front, wielding the Forests might alongside his own. This is one age he will not slumber through.

M 5 Ws 7 Bs 7 S 6 T 6 W 6 I 2 A 6 Ld 10 Monster (Special Character). 550pts. (385 + 105 for 3 magic levels + 30 for Magic Res 2 + 25 for Old School Cluster of Radience + 5 for Throne of Vines.

Magic: Durthu is a level 4 Wizard that may freely generate spells between the Lores of Life and Beasts.

Special Rules: Blessing of the Ancients (+1 to cast when in a forest), Flammable, Forest Spirit, Hatred, Large Target, Scaly Skin (3+), Stubborn, Terror, Treewack (May swap all his attacks for a single one that, on a failed initiative test, does D6 wounds).

Cluster of Radience: The once malicious Spirits that drove Durthu to bitterness were irrevocably changed by the intervention of the Incarnate of Life. Despair gave way to new hope, transforming the Spirit Forms from their War Aspects into beings of pure white light of Isha's blessing.

Durthu benefits from Magic Resistance (2) and any models in base contact with Durthu are at -1 to hit. In a challenge, this is improved to a -2 to hit modifier.

Heart of the Greenwood: Durthu's connection with the forest is unparalleled save by Coeddil, the greater conscience entwined with his own. Durthu freely calls upon the power at his command to dissipate wild Magicks.

When rolling to generate spells, Durthu may always choose to swap one of his spells for Throne of Vines, Durthu may also re-roll any dice when attempted to cast it.

The Wood Elf book really set up for Durthu getting End Times rules but the book itself didn't deliver. Plus i really want to use him in the new End Times, he just really fits into the new fluff. What do you think? Is he reasonable?
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Re: Durthu -End Times-

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

It looks cool man!

Wasn't there another Treeman Elder from the old book along with Durthu, Coeddil & Adanhu? Rhydian, or something like that.

I like the idea of him getting clarity. Why throne of vines of curiosity? No tree singing? :P
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
Aben Zin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Aben Zin »

Worth mentioning that Durthu and several Treemen were shown in the recent leaked image of the supposed "Council of Incarnates".

That's odd. Just got a really odd feeling of deja vous...
Anyway, cross board jokes aside, a super Durthu would be rather cool. Seeing as how beefy the other end times characters are though, why not let him be level 4 (I'd say life only) but count him as having throne of vines cast upon him at all times? I'd make him a caster to fear!
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

Aben Zin wrote:Worth mentioning that Durthu and several Treemen were shown in the recent leaked image of the supposed "Council of Incarnates".
Oh wow, that's cool. Where did you see that?
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
Aben Zin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Aben Zin »

Oh some guy on the dakkadakka forums posted it...
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Aben Zin wrote:Oh some guy on the dakkadakka forums made it up...
;-)

I fully hope the WE rumors are true but since a lot of pictures have been leaked and there is nothing showing WE having two new lists or an Ascended Durthu I worry we are getting out chains yanked :(
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
alexwellace
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by alexwellace »

I don't think we are getting anything in this new book, except maybe a ''formation'' if we are lucky. I'm hoping for that Wargrove mentioned earlier, something that included several Treemen, hopefully with some kind of buff.

I was thinking, would it be to powerful to re-write his fluff a little bit so instead of Throne of Vines, it's the same except for being Savage Beast of Horrors. That could make for a very beastly Treeman!
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

A Durthu buff would be nice..he's one of the few WE chars featuring in the endtimes books and he's a long lasting character througth all the books so he would deserve it..

Though with GW current frenzy that would probably mean he gets killed off since that is what they seem to do with nearly every character that goes into combat :D so maybe we should not focus to much attention on him.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

Anyone considered some interesting rule for that awkward sword he's wielding?
Auto-wound, no Armour Save and multiple wounds (D3) seem a staple nowadays.
What do you think?
Or it could be just the "regular" Spirit Sword, on a character who could really make some use out of it.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

I'd like Durthu to become beasts incarnate.
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...