Sane Durthu (and Adanhu reborn)

Post ideas and develop rules or stats for whatever you want in here. Asrai units as well as other races

Moderator: Council of Elders

bjoernuhlig
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Sane Durthu (and Adanhu reborn)

Post by bjoernuhlig »

So, with the EoT around the corner and an Elven Book to come, I got really curious about the fluff changes regarding Durthu. Whether or not they gonna make it into the game, having read that Durthu is sane again really excited me. So I want to start assembling ideas about what a sane Durthu would gain and loose. And while talking about the ancient of ancients I want to think up a profil for Adanhu, because he is (or was) the real ancient of ancients).

First thoughts (more to come)

Durthu looses frenzy, obviously. Same goes for hatred.

He is a regular level 4 Life Wizard, naturally. And he always knows wyssans animal form, he can never forget that spell. It means, he can generate 3 life spells. I think that is a very nice touch, a reminder that he once was insane. plus, when he casts life spells, he can use the lore attribut of beast magic, but has to choose each time between life or beasts.

And dating back to before there were Everqueens and Phoenixboys, he is a very strong life wizard, I think about special bonuses to casting, like regenerating 1 more W on the lore attribute or something like that. And getting an individual spell even (drawing faeries: 5+, choose one of the old faeries from the old book... until next magic phase... or something like that).

He looses 1 attack. 5 is enough.

His forest spririt rules are a little better Ancient of Ancients, come on), im thinking about a 5++ instead the regular 6++
His killing blow faeries, gone. They leave him the second he sees clearly again. New faeris for the faery king (i have to look into the old AB or lets come up with something new).

He has to check at the beginning of each turn if he keeps his sanity. roll a d6. on a 2+ nothing happens. On a 1 he snaps back till the end of own turn, gaining plus 1 attack, hatred, frenzy, the old kb-faeries (they always stay close and bug the old bugger) and loosing all of the above new stuff.

whatcha thinking.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Re: Sane Durthu (and Adanhu reborn)

Post by Baardah »

Nice ideas :) im not to hopeful though. Not shure hell be a proficient character in the story. I think that tole will go to araloth for the wood Elves.
And expect the druchii and asur to play the main roles in this...
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
dead pirate gamer
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by dead pirate gamer »

I am hoping to a massively expensive and powerful Ariel to emerge in the Elven book. I would like to see her as a caster that can rival Nagash in magic. I think that she would pair well with an Empowered Orion CC character. All wishful thinking.
bjoernuhlig
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Post by bjoernuhlig »

I agree a boosted Ariel would be nice. but more likely is a merging of everqueen and ariel, an óutcome in favor of the everqueen. Asur and Druchi a likely to get the better treatment, I agree there too, which means Ariel Ascendent will be a queen to "all elves", residing in Ulthuan (if it remains intact). not much can be said here though.

My initial speculation with Durthu are not EoT - Khaine dependent - I do not expect him to get the Karl Jesus! Franz treatment. I would play with a sane version of Durthu any day, anyway, and my reason to start this thread is to collect ideas for a new Character. A Badass Character. so lets not speculate about which wood elve gets new shoes, but think up a profil for our biggest tree. I would like comments on the rule ideas, I am thinking up more specific ideas already. I just got excited and posted my idea to get some feedback.
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

I don't want to derail this, or start wish listing, even though I am just about to ... :p

If Ariel was made as a Super caster for the End Times, it would be awesome if she had a rule that if you take both Ariel and Orion in the same list then she would buff his stats or something. Maybe she could provide further protection for him, because in fairness he hits hard and fast.
Long live the King in the Woods!!!