Kindred for the new book

Post ideas and develop rules or stats for whatever you want in here. Asrai units as well as other races

Moderator: Council of Elders

Chacho
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood elf

Kindred for the new book

Post by Chacho »

Hello to all !
With the new book the usefulness of the combat characters had decreased by much, by now the only used combat characters are the Bsb and maybe the lord on dragon.
I don't like much the magic sistem of warhammer(too random for me) and i was looking at a solution to made viable our non-magic character.
The more simple soluction that came to my mind is to reintroduce the kindreds with some variants, belows my ideas :

Glade Guard kindred
- The character must be on foot
- If the character is joining a unit of Glade Guard then the whole unit gain the special rule Quick to fire until he remain in the unit
- The asrai longbow of the character gain the special rule multiple shots (A of the character)

Glade Riders kindred
- The character must ride an elven steed
- If the character is joining a unit of Glade Riders then the unit could reroll the flee! roll and the rally test
- The asrai longbow of the character gain the special rule multiple shots (A of the character)
- If the character is the general the player could decide if deploy the glade riders as ambusher or as a regular troop(he could decide it for each troop)

Eternal Guard kindred
- The character must be on foot
- If the character is joining a unit of eternal guards the unit coul throw 3d6 and pick the 2 lower for any leadership test
- The character gain +2As and +1Ac

Scout kindred
- The character must be on foot and he can't take heavy armor and great weapon
- If the character is joining a unit of Scout then the whole unit gain the special rule Quick to fire until he remain in the unit
- The character gain the special rules Scout and Skirmisher
- If the the character is the general the Scout become a core choice and the eternal guard become a special choice

Warhawk riders kindred
- The character must ride a giant eagle
- The character could join a unit of warhakws riders
- If the character is joining a unit of warhawks riders then the unit could reroll the flee! and charge rolls
- On a round that the character charge he and the great eagle that he is riding gain the killing blow special rule
- If the character is the general then the warhawks riders become a core choice and the glade riders become a rare choice

Wardancer kindred
- The character must be on foot, he lost his light armor and gain the wardancers weapons, he can't take additional weapons and armors ( even magical ones)
- If the character is joining a unit of wardancer then the enemy unit in base contact with this unit can't be steadfast (unless she is stubborn)
- The character gains +1 A, +1 Ws the special rules Talismanic tattos and Dance of Loec
- If the character is the general then the wardancer become a core choice and the eternal guards become a special choice

Wild riders kindred
- The character must ride an elven steed or a great stag
- If the character is joining a unit of wild riders then the unit could reroll the charge and overrun rolls
- The character gain the special rules Frenzy, Devastating charge, Talismanic tattos and Forest spirit
- If the character is the general then the wild riders become a core choice, the eternal guard become a special choice and the waywatchers could not be picked

Waywatchers kindred
- The character must be on foot and he can't take heavy armor and great weapon
- If the character is joining a unit of Waywatchers then the whole unit gain the special rule Quick to fire until he remain in the unit
- The character gain the special rules Scout, Skirmisher, Sniper an Hakweyed
- If the character is the general then the waywatchers become a special choice, the wild riders and the sisters of thorns become rare choice

Alter kindred
No ideas.

As you can see they don't have the price, someone as any advice(also on the rule, off course) ?

Ps : i hope that my english is ok :) , i'm not sure about the translation of the rules
<<There is only one god,and his name is death,and there is only one thing to say to death : not today>>
Syrio Forel, The games of thrones tv series
Wildwoodwanderer
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Kindred for the new book

Post by Wildwoodwanderer »

I would love the wild rider kindred. I now have 30 wild riders and want to field them all! I really wish orion made them core!
mjHession
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Kindred for the new book

Post by mjHession »

I too am trying to get kindreds back into the army. I like a lot of your ideas, I'm not sure if the unit buffs might be a bit OP. I guess in Pratt that would depend on the point cost.