Stone Feathers

Post ideas and develop rules or stats for whatever you want in here. Asrai units as well as other races

Moderator: Council of Elders

Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Stone Feathers

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

So then, while we have a chance to speculate & wish list before the ACTUAL ...or should I say HOPEFUL upcoming release, who would like to guess propose what they'd like the stone feathers to end up as. You can include rules, model suggestions and stat lines.

I can't remember the stat line of a current Warhawk, and I don't have my book at hand. M1 Ws? BS0 S4 T3 W2 I? A1 Ld?

I guess they will be on 40mm bases.

I'd like a stealth attack rule where you could get a strength or attack bonus if you attacked from "out of line of sight" of your opponents unit. Thoughts?

I'd hope for a higher T than the hawks too and maybe an extra wound.
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: Stone Feathers

Post by Sidewinder »

Of course an additional point of strength on the charge would be preferred over an additional attack but if we are receiving a benefit from a surprise attack then logically this would cause either a boost to our initiative or a negative impact to their initiative. Though, we could make the argument that the opposing unit loses one point of toughness because they were not prepared at all to receive the surprise charge.

If they had this rule, hopefully they would word it as "charging from outside of the enemy unit's frontal arc". Using the phrase "line-of-sight" causes too much confusion.
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Re: Stone Feathers

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

That's what I meant! Good catch!
Long live the King in the Woods!!!