Artisan's Contest Rules and Guidelines

Post ideas and develop rules or stats for whatever you want in here. Asrai units as well as other races

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Artisan's Contest Rules and Guidelines

Post by Beithir Seun »

Being as this is the first of what will hopefully be many Artisan's Contests, I'll be laying down some ground rules first.

Format

Shamelessly stealing the idea from Chaos Dwarfs Online, each competition will go through three stages:

1. Entry Presentation - Each entrant presents the rules and fluff for their creation in this first stage. Fairly self-explanatory. This will not be a discussion thread, but simply a thread to showcase the entries
2. Feedback Discussion - This is where people can discuss the various merits and drawbacks of each entry, examining the rules and fluff in detail in order for everyone to decide who to vote for
3. Voting - Fairly self-evident again; this is the thread where people vote for their choice of creation.

Judging Criteria

In order to present a standard by which each creation can be judged, the following criteria would be useful to consider:
  • Use of Language (is it professionally written?): /10
  • Playability (are the rules streamlined?): /10
  • Balance (are the rules and points fair and do they adhere to typical GW design?): /10
  • Fun (do the rules make for a fun experience?): /10
  • Lore (are the rules fluffy and do they fit the character of the theme?): /10
These are not rules as such, just helpful guidelines to help voters make their decision.

If there are less than 10 entries there will be only one winner. If there are more than 10 entries, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be given as well.

Time Scale

The contests will (hopefully, if there's enough interest) take place every two months.
~ Entrants will have roughly one month to create their entries and post them in the Entry Presentation thread
~ Members will have roughly three weeks to discuss the various entries and come to their own decisions in the Feedback Discussion thread
~ Voters will have roughly one week to vote for their favourite creation in the Voting thread

Deadlines will likely vary by a few days each time but that's the plan more-or-less. The specific deadlines will be stated in the Entry thread

And now the important part...

Rules of the Contest

Each member may enter only once and only with one creation per entry (unless otherwise specified)

In order to not make this too easy, each entry must comply with the Contest rules. These will be specified in the Entry thread, as they will likely vary according to the nature of the theme.

One thing that will not change is this: once entered, creators cannot edit their creations.

The entry thread for the first contest can be found here

So, I think that's it more or less. If anyone has any questions, post here or shoot me a PM.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog