Pictures of my Woodelf army

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Geppywizard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Nice conversions!

Post by Geppywizard »

Mag, great work! Very inspiring to those of us who want to deviate from the "straight out of the box" models. :thumbsup: When I first read the fluff about the Wild Riders, the first thing I thought was "Oooh, centaur kit-bash!" :drool: Obviously since logging into Asrai, I have found that to be a fairly common conversion -- though the artistic flair and skill many on this site have shown is anything but common! Still, I admit to being a tad disappointed my idea wasn't novel. After getting my Orion model, I had another thought...what about Wild Riders as fauns? Orion has cloven hooves for feet, so why not his personal guard/hunters? I got all excited and started planning how to do it and then...I saw your Wardancers. Curses, foiled again! :wink: Oh well, so my ideas aren't that original; but at the risk of looking like a copy-cat (which is impossible cause I doubt mine will look nearly as good) I am going to go ahead with my faun conversions anyway. I just love the idea way too much!

Keep up the awesome work, friend. Maybe someday I'll come up with something you haven't thought of yet! :p

Geppywizard
--Wood Elves: We may be tree-huggers...but watch out that our trees don't hug you back!
Killjoy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Pictures of my Woodelf army

Post by Killjoy »

Is there a possibility to get an update or a pic of the whole army?

...please... :nod:
Loec
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loec »

Heeey Mattijs :p ,

Kinda Surprised to find you here :) . Let me say again great work, although I still think the axe isn't really elf like, but heck the conversion rocks :D . Better paint it up to 2200, then it would make an awesome tournie army.

Cheers,
Alexander
My name ain't original..so what? I like it :P

I know more ways to kill people than you have words in your dictionary.

Warhammer 40k fanatic :ph43r:
ToPaxyGourouni
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ToPaxyGourouni »

oh my god :( So beautiful....so and so and soooooo much better than my wildest dreams :( (Sad faces are because I know I will never do something like that). Congratulations, man...you have stolen my heart!
Sojourn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: none really but if I had to choose any: Wood Elves, Bretonnians

Post by Sojourn »

wow. please update this! I imagine it's finished by now, maybe... but simply incredible GS work! the fauns are awesome too :) and your paintjobs are lovely. it's just so detailed and you seem to follow through well on your ideas. excellent work.

please please please post some finalize pics if you have any! thanks!

also, some pics on pg 2 are out... and it breaks my heart because I know I'm missing some great work! ;)

Check out an almost forgotten army!

Unofficially declared the best WH webzine available!
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WE, Nurgle WoC

Post by Ryikko »

threadnecro.jpg
I'm sorry Sojourn, but MagnoliaFan hasn't visited since November of last year. I think we all can agree without a doubt that his work is amazing, but I don't think that he will be updating anytime soon :roll:

I understand that you're new, but you pulled something back from the dead many months old and certainly not on the first page. :( Threadomancy isn't particularly appreciated by most, I'm sure you're aware ;)
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
Who clicks on these anyways?
ludvig1008
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood elves, Slaanesh(fantasy) and im thinkin about starting with Beast of Chaos

Post by ludvig1008 »

Ive been thinkin on the same idea myself, going to buy it in a few days... But im wondering: What bits have u used to the WR axes and for the WD lord? Could u make a list of the bits u have used? :drool:
ludvig1008
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood elves, Slaanesh(fantasy) and im thinkin about starting with Beast of Chaos

Post by ludvig1008 »

I cant see the painted WR, its sais "photobucket has deleted the picture"... could u post it again? :ninja:
DreamCatcher
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by DreamCatcher »

I don't often think this but i have to say that your army is Amazing! And I just LOVE your wardancer highborn, i thought to do the same thing for an Alter highborn, although I'll have to add a bit of originality to my version of the model :roll:
P.S. Got the same problem as ludvig, cant see the photos as it says 'photobucket has deleted this photo'.
Good luck with future conversions.
W/D/L - WE
44/5/3

W/D/L - Tzeentch WoC
6/0/0

Probability is a load of bullsh*t, Praise the Dice Gods!
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.