wot colour should i paint my army?

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

cairbre_thehoundofwinter
Newcomer
Newcomer

wot colour should i paint my army?

Post by cairbre_thehoundofwinter »

:blink: ive played warhammer for years and just started a wood elf army but i dont know wot colour to paint them, spring, summer, autumn or winter plz help
Typo
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Typo »

Which colour scheme do you like the most?

You can always just pick some colours you like and roll with those...
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

You are er probably best be painting dem models of da colour that suits your army theme.....

What models do you have mate?

A good thing to start off with is undercoating them all in black....I can't recommend that enough.

Then take it one unit at a time.

The Games-Workshop site has alot of stuff about painting the Woodies for all the different seasons....that would be a good first start a'ight?
cairbre_thehoundofwinter
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by cairbre_thehoundofwinter »

i am thinking of a winter theme but im not sure i have a lord some glade gard wardancers but i dont wont eny dryads or treemen ect. as i like the idea of just foot soldiers
TerminusEst
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by TerminusEst »

If you like the idea of just foot soldiers then I would definetly go with a winter theme because for fluff reasons it should be less heavy on forest spirits and thus have more elven soldiers, but the important thing is to pick something you like and is easy to work with.

Nice avatar by the way ;)
LET ME TASTE YOUR FLESH

Vântu îl hrănea, apa-l îmbrăca, focu îl păzea, de pământ ferea.
The wind fed him, the water clothed him, the fire guarded him, the earth he guarded.
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

Uh... green? That's a start. WElves are usually either Green, Brown, Grey, White, or Blue. Some people even paint the brown ones red.
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes
Mal: Well... you... can't.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
Samooel
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Samooel »

I kinda thought green was crazy overused in older versions. I'm having the same sort of dialemma and am leaning towards a winter white/brown theme. But I've got this fellow WE player who did his up in sort of a aytumn native american theme with browns and dark reds and it looks awesome. Personally I think that spring/summer armies look too alike anyway. Besides, if you decide on winter, well anything goes with white :)
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

Green was overused. Now browns are overused.
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes
Mal: Well... you... can't.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

if you want a more-squishy-less-barky army then winter is your ideal choice because if you eventually do want to field one unit of dryads then you can easily justify it plus winter armies aren't that common in any race so it'd be easy to make it look unique...
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Satyr
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Satyr »

for a winter army with less forest spirits but still some you could convert them to look like evergreens from the mountins :P
Knuth
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Knuth »

I sai paint them alle pink weee, naaaa just kidding. The winther theme could be really cool.