Mousekiller Works in Progress: Armies of Destruction

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

mousekiller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mousekiller Works in Progress: Armies of Destruction

Post by mousekiller »

ARMIES OF DESTRUCTION:

Quickly stealing an apple from a street vendor, the young boy around the age of 11 ducked into a dark alley to further escape notice. It was easy in this city full of people, easy to survive in the streets and the help forget the life he had left behind. The son of a drunk farmer who was fond of beating the boy, fond of trying to forget his wife and they boys mother who had passed on. The memory would never leave the old man, but the boy would have no more of it. Now though, he was a man, a man free to do as he wished and to live the city life. Just as he sat to begin enjoying his plump apple, the sky opened up in a torrent of rain. Looking around for cover he spotted the small opening to the city sewer, and crawled in. What he found was amazing, a vast array of large tunnels and drainage ditches. The boy snatched a glowing torch from a wall and wandered deeper, thinking that the deeper he went the less likely he would be to find anyone else and a good place to sleep for the night. The smell really was not that bad compared to the pig and horse manure he used to shovel on the farm. Finally, he felt secure enough and decided it was time to settle in. Checking his pouch to ensure that he had the small bit of flint to relight the torch later, he extinguished it. Falling asleep, he awoke a short time later to a sharp noise, like the sound of rats skittering around. Floundering for his flint he finally got a spark and relit the torch. Red eyes appeared all around him, large rat like creatures snarling when the torch lit. It would be the last thing the boy ever did, as dozens of vermin pounced on him and tore the boy to pieces.

WHAT IS FINISHED SO FAR:

ORCS AND GOBLIN ARMY
SKARSNIK AND GOBBLA
SKEEZER, BIG BOSS
SNOTGIT, SHAMAN
32 SPEARGOBBOS
20 NIGHTGOBBOS
20 BOWGOBBOS
SPEAR CHUKKA
3 SNOTLING SWARMS
5 SQUIG HOPPERS
SQUIG HERD
3 HILL TROLLS

OGRE KINGDOMS ARMY
Galf Tradebasher
The Bashers, 4 Ogres

SKAVEN ARMY

Ok, so this week I have been very busy, with everything except painting! This update is only partial, I promise to come back and give you the rest of the Armies of Destruction in the next few days. For now, check out the Hungry Giant in most of his glory, lots of shots.

So, here is the update on the Giant. What have I done... washed the skin, I think the skin still bothers me. Not blended well enough I think. Also, gave the scales a wash... I think what I want to do with them is add a few browner ones into the green to give it some variation. Also, added the beginnings of rust to the chain. Added some yellow to the two humans, I think I like how that came out. Honestly, what I really need to do is just concentrate on him in quadrants and just get him done already!!!

martinalexander
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Mousekiller Works in Progress: Armies of Destruction

Post by martinalexander »

Why are you posting this on wood elf forum?
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Re: Mousekiller Works in Progress: Armies of Destruction

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

Hey Mousekiller,

That is an amazing paint job. :D
Long live the King in the Woods!!!