Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of Chaos

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

mousekiller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of Chaos

Post by mousekiller »

ARMIES OF CHAOS

In the hot mountains they dwell, the remnants of a once proud race of mountain dwellers. Now, they worship the fire gods, and give way to the corruptions and mutations of the chaos gods, accepting that it is the new legacy of the mountain... When they first left the great holds of the east they gave in to the basest of instincts and survival... and only the strongest did survive with the weakest giving body to sustain. And now, in the dark holds of the volcano mountains the Chaos Dwarves survive, remembering a legacy born in cannibalism.

This week brings us back to the Armies of Chaos! I will apologize in advance, with my wife home now my painting time has dwindled to almost nothing... but I am committed to keeping the weekly updates going!

MORTALS OF CHAOS:

MARAUDERS
Started on 16/20 for this unit. I am going to try and capture colors as I proceed for the new models... no promises though! Also, posted a shot of the 15 completed.

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 5th Edition
Sculptor: Dave Andrews

The unit so far:

Colors so far:

Skin - GW Base Bugmans Glow, Wash Raikland Flesh shade
Cloth - Base Stegadon Scale Green, Wash Nuln oil
Metal - Base Leadbelcher, Wash Nuln oil
Fur - Base Dark Reaper, Wash Nuln oil

OGRES OF CHAOS:

I did some minor work on him, really not a lot left before calling him done but this is usually the stage where I tend to dally.

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 4th edition
Sculptor: Michael Perry... I could be wrong... if so please correct me.

Colors:
Wood: GW Base Dryad Bark, GW layer Skrag Brown, GW layer Deathclaw brown, GW Layer Balor Brown, GW Layer Ushabti Bone
Leather bits: GW Base Dryad Bark, GW Layer Skrag Brown, GW Layer Deathclaw Brown, GW Layer Tau Light Ochre, Wash GW Agrax Earthshade.

ENOCH THE ELEMENTALIST

Just primed and skin base coated so far.

Manufacturer: Rakham Miniatures
Sculptor: Unknown

Colors:

Skin - GW Base Bugmans Glow, GW Wash Reikland Flesh, GW layer Tanned Flesh

DAEMONS OF CHAOS:

BLOODLETTERS:

Worked the gold and fur bits. Decided on a more Gray fur than what I had... what do you think? I do need suggestions on cloth color... haven't figured out in my head what would be a nice color to complement everything else.

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 6th Edition
Sculptor: Mark Harrison

Colors:

Fur- Base Black, GW Skavenblight Dinge, GW Stomvermin Fur, GW Administratum Grey, White
Gold - GW Base Belthasar Gold, Layer Gehenna Gold, Wash Seraphim Sapia, Wash Druchii Violet, highlight GW Retributor Armor, Wash Seraphim Sapia, Wash Druchii Violet

BEASTS OF CHAOS:

BEASTMEN

Sorry, not much of an update this week. Did a very small amount of armor work, not really worth a picture! But, I got a shot of the unit thus far!

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 7th Edition; Reaper Warlord 14118, Urga Reven Sergeant, Reaper Warlord 14361 Reven Beastman Woodcutter
Sculptor: GW - Mike Anderson, Repaer - Ben Siens

MINOTAURS:

Another very small update. Worked the skin a little more, added some hand brushed hair to his upper back, don't think it came out like I wanted so will likely get rid of it. Also did the hair. Some very minor work on the metal. I saw some time back some minotaurs that were painted with a very baboon like face scheme, I have thought about doing that with these guys (the sculpts are not the greatest to start with!) with some blues and reds?

CHAOS DWARFS:

ABYSAL DWARF HALFBREED

The more color I add to him, the better I am liking him.

Manufacturer: Mantic
Sculptor: Unknown