Characters (and one unit) on Parade

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Characters (and one unit) on Parade

Post by LadyLoec »

Was setting up my vampires for a game today (battle report to follow) and decided to take a few snaps while waiting for the board to be set up - came out much better this time than my last attempt, so some I've posted before, but you can see them a lot better here!

Bit of a random assortment from my Empire, Vamps and Woodies. I have an aversion to basing (always very rewarding to do, but I can never seem to get the motivation to do it), so most are unbased as yet. Hope you enjoy!
Attachments
Blood Knights (converted Bretonnian Knights, because I'm too cheap to buy the proper ones!!). Banner was my first attempt at freehand (copied from the old army book I think), and am quite chuffed with it, though the standard bearer's shield has gone walkies...
Blood Knights (converted Bretonnian Knights, because I'm too cheap to buy the proper ones!!). Banner was my first attempt at freehand (copied from the old army book I think), and am quite chuffed with it, though the standard bearer's shield has gone walkies...
The Four Horsemen ride to war
The Four Horsemen ride to war
War - Vampire Lord (Carmen Duval - There's a whole post about her fluff in the Grove of Tales)
War - Vampire Lord (Carmen Duval - There's a whole post about her fluff in the Grove of Tales)
Famine - Wight King
Famine - Wight King
Death - Master Necromancer
Death - Master Necromancer
Pestillence - Strigoi Ghoul King
Pestillence - Strigoi Ghoul King
Orion - no introduction necessary!
Orion - no introduction necessary!
Graemon Mallus, Necromancer
Graemon Mallus, Necromancer
Jeremy Ironwill - stalwart Warrior Priest of the Empire (so named because, after painting him, I thought he kinda looked like Jeremy Irons)
Jeremy Ironwill - stalwart Warrior Priest of the Empire (so named because, after painting him, I thought he kinda looked like Jeremy Irons)
This is Gunter Rothals - Empire engineer and purveyor of "foolproof" weaponry. Raffles the powder monkey is used to Gunter's experiments backfiring, and he is meant to be looking terrified for his life as the latest contraption explodes impressively.
This is Gunter Rothals - Empire engineer and purveyor of "foolproof" weaponry. Raffles the powder monkey is used to Gunter's experiments backfiring, and he is meant to be looking terrified for his life as the latest contraption explodes impressively.
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Re: Characters (and one unit) on Parade

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

They look really good.

My mate did a similar thing for his Blood Knights and/or Black knights.

Cool Four Horsemen idea.
Long live the King in the Woods!!!