Ethernal Gate

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Oaghrenn
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ethernal Gate

Post by Oaghrenn »

hi,
I am building the portal to new world...or vice versa...It is my version of the new arcane structure for AoS

What should I change? I cutted out only one(need more time). these are just beta...the original will be probably from different material. and also the other version is encircled by the giant tree...

In the war there is not important who is right, but who is left...
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Re: Ethernal Gate

Post by Hyarion »

It almost looks like it's floating? I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Oaghrenn
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Oaghrenn »

Exactly. In truth, the concept is not mine. GW is going to sell this structure on their own, but I like it so much that I want to build one by myself.

However...the flying battered portal-isch gate to different realm is maybe not what i want to my fluff connecting WHFB with AoS. Personally I like we will have planet of our own.

It should be remnant of ancient temple, where the gate to Old World was placed. Now, the temple lies in ruins, because milenia passed since it was used last time. However it explodes with magic energy and it released survivors from dying Old World and also their interceptors fallen to chaos.

The gate itself should float...that's what I like on the concept. It flies in the same manner as our spell weavers and other mages (except those lvl1 and lvl2), but the solitaire portal is really just copy...so if you have any idea...
I am turning more and more to tree circled stuff, with one or two trunks. Like this:
In the war there is not important who is right, but who is left...
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Hyarion:
This is his inspiration:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/ ... otted.html
This is another terrain kit:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/ ... otted.html

How are you creating this Oaghrenn, what material? The drawings look nice and the one yo cut out certainly seems like it would fit on a playing table. Well done.
mkragh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by mkragh »

That looks like it will be really cool when finished. I have to admit I will probably have to wait for GW to release a kit, not enough skills or time to attempt this.
Follow me on twitter for gaming chatter:@mikragh

My gaming and painting blog: The Viking Painter