Heroforge.com

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Heroforge.com

Post by Hyarion »

Has anybody used Heroforge.com? How does it look?

Apologies in advance if anybody experiences sudden loss of voluntary wallet control.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Heroforge.com

Post by Billthesurly »

At $15.00 a pop? Maybe for some very special character figures but way over the budget top for rank and file. (I assume you intend special models.)

Never tried it but it looks VERY interesting. Thanks for the lead.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

My understanding is that the 3d printing that hero-forge uses looks sloppy and lacks detail. My buddy and I were thinking about buying a 3d printer for the purposes of custom modelling minis, but the tech isn't up to snuff just yet.
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Someone who plays in my store plans to make some basic terrain (houses) this way.. I can see that workign since there could be less detail (it won't be GW quality.. but really who want's to pay for that kind of quality on terrain?)
Kaese
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Kaese »

They seem to be using a selective laser sintering printer, so they don't need to print supports that usually ruin most of the details. The bad thing is the accuracy is not enough for details in this scale.

I think you can get desent quality models if you are willing to do some extra work to smoothen all the surfaces. I wouldn't pay 25$ for that though

The strong miniature option might be good if you order a naked model in a nice pose for conversion purposes.
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

Awesome feedback, thanks folks!
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.