Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 03/09/2017 - Pic Heavy

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 11/26/15- Pic Heavy

Post by yanchusart »

Finally- after being away for a while I have picked up the brushes and started painting again. I had no motivation over the last month or two but I finally am determined to make some progress. I have still been working on my Glade riders- there are 30 of them. I have about 6 more models to touch up the base coats and then I am painting the silver and gold on all of them (swords, spears, etc). After the metallic colors are done, I am going to start inking the models.

I am very excited to be getting closer to the highlights- that is of course my favorite part. I am so much happier with the progress when I don't rush it. I have been taking my time and I believe that makes for a nicer paint job. The reason I started painting the common units is that by the time I feel great about my painting, I will be ready for the special units, like Orion or my Sisters of Twilight.
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 11/26/15- Pic Heavy

Post by yanchusart »

I hope all of this practice and wait is worth it. I want to save the special units for last but the wait is killing me; so excited to paint some of these models.
Attachments
20151128_101141.jpg
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 12/06/15- Pic Heavy

Post by yanchusart »

Update on Glade Riders- I have officially finished base-coating the riders and have inked them all as well.

To base the models I used the following Games Workshop colours: Khorne red, squig orange (mixed with a little red), averland sunset, cadian flesh, ushabti bone, rhinox hide, gehenna's gold, leadbelcher and different greys, browns and yellows for the hair.

For the washes I used: reikland fleshshade, seraphim sepia, carroburg crimson, and nuln oil.

I have just started some of the leather as you can see from the layer of mournfang that is being added to the rhinox hide. I am excited to started the highlights and the details.
Attachments
20151206_150248.jpg
20151206_150235.jpg
20151206_150202.jpg
20151206_150142.jpg
20151206_150132.jpg
20151206_150114.jpg
20151206_150103.jpg
20151206_150038_HDR.jpg
20151206_150005.jpg
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 12/17/15- Pic Heavy

Post by yanchusart »

Hello everyone,

I know this is a little unrelated but wanted to show my Predator figures. I have always been a Predator fan so when my friend found these guys for me, I was so excited to eventually paint them. Wish I could find a way to have them included in a Wood Elf army haha.
Attachments
Predator Figures.jpg
Etheneus
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elf

Post by Etheneus »

yanchusart wrote:Wish I could find a way to have them included in a Wood Elf army haha.
Wardancers? :D
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Etheneus wrote:
yanchusart wrote:Wish I could find a way to have them included in a Wood Elf army haha.
Wardancers? :D
That's actually not a bad idea! Thanks
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 12/20/15- Pic Heavy

Post by yanchusart »

Alright guys,

I am just about done adding Mournfang brown to all of the leather pieces. So far I have base-coated the riders, inked, and now have added the first level of the highlighting colors.
Attachments
20151220_172439.jpg
This picture is to show the difference between just the base coat, and adding the mournfang brown. Also, don't mind the spot of ink on the yellow cape- of course it's going to be painted over.
This picture is to show the difference between just the base coat, and adding the mournfang brown. Also, don't mind the spot of ink on the yellow cape- of course it's going to be painted over.
20151220_172320.jpg
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 12/20/15- Pic Heavy

Post by yanchusart »

Wow! I just read that the site is staying up- I am so thankful :)

I have been back at pairing these darn riders- they have been taking sooo long the end is finally in sight. I haven't been painting much over the last few months. I was in Scotland for a bit during the summer and when I got back, we moved. So now that I am finally getting settled, I will be posting more progress as it comes.
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 09/23/16- Pic Heavy

Post by yanchusart »

Here are some riders finished. I haven't had a chance to set up the diffuser and take some proper photos. I have also been painting a little Zombicide ( I know it's unrelated), just to switch it up a bit.

Hope you're all well.

Dylan
Attachments
20170301_095836.jpg
20170301_095755.jpg
Mar 1 2017 Riders- 2.jpg
Mar 1 2017 Riders (1).jpg
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Yanchusart's Army Progress - Updated 03/09/2017 - Pic He

Post by yanchusart »

Practicing with a Sister of the Thorn. Wild Rider to follow
Attachments
S.o.t.T.jpg
Joolz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Dwarfs

Post by Joolz »

Hi! Really nice work one theese models!

I've just started to paint again a bit after a long time away, also an atumn theme. For me it was the most unique style of painting since most other armies I've seen has been some sort of greenish colour. I also started now to get my Glade guards done all the way (many half-finished models) with the same principle you have of beeing able to do the special ones better, hopefully. I really hope I can get them to look as good as yours, it will be a challenge :p ! Atumn theeme isnt the easiest way of painting Wood elves I've realised!

By the way, I can't see any pics other than your two recent posts, don't know why.

Sad to see that the forum almost went down but awesome that it's still running. It really helps with inspiration when others are around to talk about stuff!

/Joolz
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Thanks for the kind words- I appreciate the support. I have been learning as much as I can over the last few years, and I learn something new every day. I like to read articles, watch videos and ask people for tips and tricks when it comes to painting. The best way to learn is practice, practice, practice. Sometimes I will learn a few things while painting models, that I use next time I paint. I find what works for me and what doesn't, and build off of that.

it's a shame the site is not like it used to be- that's for sure. That's probably why you can't see the rest of my photos.

I will try and upload some of my newer stuff that I have been working on.
Attachments
Wild rider- Test.jpg
Fenrsian Test.jpg
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Some of my horses for my Glade Riders
Attachments
Horse Panoramic 3.jpg
Horse Panoramic 1.jpg
Horse Panoramic 2.jpg
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Beautifully painted minis, unfortunately your previous pictures must have been lost in the transition between hosting :(
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Hey guys, what's the last picture you are able to see of mine? I will upload the ones that were lost during the switch!
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Post by LadyLoec »

I can still see them all