Unicorn spellweavers:)

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Deadclown
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Sisters of battle and Dark Eldar. Wood Elves, Dark Elves and WOC

Re: Unicorn spellweavers:)

Post by Deadclown »

Beithir Seun wrote:
SquidBoy wrote:on that remark I'm still questionable about the new treeman standard... If you can choose the shortside as the front or not.

GW have used the base both ways on their "official" models, so I don't think there should be an issue...
I don't have a issue with it however some of my openants can be picky like that QQ
Syphilis
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Syphilis »

Oh wow where did you get that freaky looking unicorn? The one with the Dryad like spellweaver?
FriedTaterExplosion
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, and Salamanders

Post by FriedTaterExplosion »

Syphilis wrote:Oh wow where did you get that freaky looking unicorn? The one with the Dryad like spellweaver?
It's a conversion from Archaon's steed.
Cosmos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Cosmos »

Hey guys im starting to build a unicorn. Check out my plog *Legion of the Stars* and join in on suggestions and idea making
Sylvos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Ulthwe` Eldar, Black Templars, Beastmen, Bretonnians

Post by Sylvos »

http://www.companyofthedamned.blogspot. ... er-on.html

Link to my Spellweaver on a unicorn.
The Great Hunt, War Host of Athel Loren - Company of the Damned - a Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k blog.

Please listen to our podcast The Deployment Zone! It's more fun than a bag of hammers!

Kakapo42
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Kakapo42 »

I can't believe I haven't posted a comment to this thread. I have a Spellsinger on a Unicorn rather than a Spellweaver, but from a modelling perspective it's more or less the same, so here is mine.

Image Image Image

For parts I used the Bretonnian Fey Enchantress, with all the Fleur-de-lises filed off, the top of her tiara/crown removed and replaced with greenstuffed-in hair, the staff arm from a spellweaver and greenstuff vines and leaves across her dress, mounted on the old Storm of Magic unicorn (slightly modified) with a spare bow and quiver from the Glade Guard kit (and a loop of leather made from greenstuff). The large flowers and bee were also made with greenstuff.

You can find more detailed notes, as well as background on the character herself, on my army project thread here.
WANTED: Wildwood Ranger axes. PM me if you have any spare.