Foxtale's Wood Elves (updated March 17th - Random)

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

semedi of the wild-riders
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by semedi of the wild-riders »

happy to veiw. great work on the stag, although with the big saddle he looks a bit fat.
Victorianbelle
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Victorianbelle »

Just looking at some of the earlier pictures you have posted, and I must say, my favorite part is the little bits of purple you use to tie in all of your glade guard. Very nice job, and good choice in color, the end result is awesome.
"...A Jar of Dirt...This is a Jar of Dirt....Will the Jar of Dirt... Help... Us...?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"...Take this pestilent, traitorous, cow-headed, yeasty codpiece to the brig!" - Captain Jack Sparrow
- Human
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by - Human »

THat's a wicked mini! I liek how he's more "on top" than "astride", since it's such a huge beast.
Barely breathing, Minus Human, come squeeze the world and drip it down my throat again

- Human
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

The pictures/links aren't working....
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

That's peculiar. They should work although sometimes Photobucket is evil with displaying pics. I just don't upload mine to woodelves.org because I display them on multiple forums.
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes
Mal: Well... you... can't.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
davidvc04
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by davidvc04 »

I can still see the pics.

So, foxtale, do you have any projects underway? How are your stonekin doing in their games?
Storm
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Storm »

Yeah, i'd like to know what your gaming opponents think of your models :nod:.
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

Projects underway, hmm? I always have projects underway, though so many of them fail that I don't show them. At the moment I'm painting up my Noble on Stump (still, after 1 year), converting 2 more Tree Kin, converting and filing all the bits on the Eternal Guard, repainting my Incubi, converting Tau legs for Wood Elves (they're the same size, didja know?), converting my Treeman from a Krootox, painting up skinks, saurus, and converting three more Kroxigor, converting some Wind Riders, and converting my Wild Riders, not to mention making three skink priests and a skink chieftan. :P

Also, I entered my Stag Lord into the local GW's Golden Gobbo painting competition and won first place in the open category. Since that's really my first win in a painting competition I'm quite pleased with it.

As for what my gaming opponents think of my models, well 'they' think the models are brilliant, since 'they' are really 'me'. I don't get to play other people very often, though I'll definitely start once I have 1000 points. With Stonekin in my games, they're doing on again, off again. Sometimes they're an excellent anchor unit, with the potential to move 10". Other times they get trashed and run away like the old pansy woodelves. Usually they annihilate anything they charge, but get slaughtered when they get charged back.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
Spaar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Location: You know where all those dead beastmen are? Yeah, there.

Post by Spaar »

Wow, nice job! I too love converting up my stuff! Keep up the good work man, I love your stuff, it makes me want to continue sculpting my forest dragon!!!

-Spaar
Help the environment. Be a Treeman hugger.
Greven
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Greven »

That stag is so nice! Very good job! :)
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

Ok, I see the pics now, the dryads are amazing.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Turin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Turin »

Yup, have to agree with hyarion - I really like the Dryads !

Very cool ! :nod:
brunfo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by brunfo »

i just have to ask; where did you buy that wood elf sorceress model(the one that isn't a GW model)?
Ardanwen
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Ardanwen »

Nice job. I like the lord standing on his horse, the spite on his shoulder and his pose. I also like the way you painted the stones.
But there are a couple of things i'd like to say though.
First, the horse looks kinda fat.(Ok I can see that it are muscles but it doesn't look like a agile elven steed)
Also I don't like the idea of the horse wearing metal armour(just my opinion:p) And the pink archers (spites I think?) could use a highlight. (btw are those warmaster models?) Also why does the model stand on stones :crazy: (they are well painted though) It kinda ruins the idea of a wood with spites and camouflage colours
overall, good job. :nod:
Sorry for my English, I hopes it makes sense. If not: tell me.
Tolkar of Har Ganeth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tolkar of Har Ganeth »

I'm just loving this army. Are you going to post more soon? I'm just anxious on what fantastic conversions or painting you've yet to do.
Tolkar Elfslayer Manraider Draichwielder of Har Ganeth, from the house Arat.
Remember that name! It will be the words that I will carve on your soul the moment I rend it from your body!
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

In answer to your questions:

@brunfo, the sorceress can be bought from the CoolMiniOrNot shop, under the SpyGlass Miniatures section.

@Ardanwen, let's see... the horse is bulky because it is meant to represent a Forest Spirit horse. A horse which is born and raised in the wild so as to grow huge thanks to Athel Loren's influence. It wears metal armour just like the other Wild Rider horses. Those pink archers (which are Warmaster models) could probably do with a highlight, you're right. And it stands on stones because it is one of the guards of the Bridge of Birds.

@Tolkar, just for you, here's what I've been working on. (Click for bigger picture.)

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll update this again when I get time.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
Victorianbelle
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Victorianbelle »

Hey Foxtale!

Nice to see what you have been up to.
I have 2 questions for you:

1) What is the large Beastie type thing with sprues sticking out of it in the middle of your picture?

2) What will the Elf with the Scythe be representing (character type and gear)?

Thanks!
"...A Jar of Dirt...This is a Jar of Dirt....Will the Jar of Dirt... Help... Us...?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"...Take this pestilent, traitorous, cow-headed, yeasty codpiece to the brig!" - Captain Jack Sparrow
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

1) A Treeman, surprisingly enough. :P It's going to be a very swampy tree.

2) An alter noble, with either a Great Weapon or a Daith's Reaper. I wanted to properly model a weapon named 'Reaper'.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
Tolkar of Har Ganeth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tolkar of Har Ganeth »

Tnx! Looks very promising :drool: :drool: . Curious what to expect from that kroot+sprue+unknownthingsstickingoutthing you're working on :confused: . Keep up the good work!

Greetz, Tolkar.
Tolkar Elfslayer Manraider Draichwielder of Har Ganeth, from the house Arat.
Remember that name! It will be the words that I will carve on your soul the moment I rend it from your body!
wildriderchieften
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by wildriderchieften »

like the models, and the paint jobs, however i didn't like the way the owl was positioned on the spellsinger, when one has a bird of prey, you let it rest on your fist level with your head, you don't hold it up like that, otherwise greta sonversions and painting
come brothers, follow me, we hunt across the skies!
come chosen of Khaine, and see how our prey, the gangly humans flee!

92% of teens like rap. Copy this into ur signature if you are part of the 8% with taste.
Jak3_dude
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: Foxtale's Wood Elves (updated March 17th - Random)

Post by Jak3_dude »

What's the Kroxigor for? Another army or a conversion for the woodies.
If for woodies what is he supposed to be...the position of treekin is taken... :p
What shall become of You?
Xavir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Foxtale's Wood Elves (updated March 17th - Random)

Post by Xavir »

:sexy: :eek: Wow absolutely amazing! Even better than 'Eavy Metal. You know its a wonder you're not on the 'Eavy Metal Team, with your skill.
I need a better signature