Unicorn's conversions (1st Jun - beasty BSB)

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

slingersam
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Unicorn's conversions (20th May - Branchie conversion)

Post by slingersam »

I was reading the beginning of your post, what if you had the lion clothe go all the way down to the floor instead of just the body. I like everything else btw.
Asalam alakum(A-Salam-A-lak-um) means Peace be upon you (Y)
Fantasy
Wood Elves: W(2)/D(0)/L(0)
Lizardmen: W(6)/D(0)/L(2)
Orks:W(to many)/D(2)/L(0)
Califax
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Califax »

There's a very Arimata look about that Branchwraith I have to say! Looks great. ;)
Always towards more dryads
Anardakil
Death-Kitten of Doom
Armies I play: Wood Elves, The Empire

Post by Anardakil »

Your sculpts are very impressive :)
http://SybariteVI.deviantart.com/ - my art gallery, check it out :)
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Unicorn's conversions (1st Jun - Branchie painted)

Post by unicorn »

Ok, my Branchie is painted. The result is not as good as I hope for by far, but... Well, at least I have original and painted Branchie! One step closer to the full painted army ;) Hope you will like it at least a little...

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Califax wrote:There's a very Arimata look about that Branchwraith I have to say! Looks great. ;)
Yeah, maybe because of that I linked his thread as an inspiration..? ;) His army is great and very inspiriting
Anardakil wrote:Your sculpts are very impressive :)
Thank you ;)
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Farodin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark ELves, converted Eldar (exodites...) and a bit of this and that (love to paint)

Re: Unicorn's conversions (1st Jun - Branchie painted)

Post by Farodin »

I like it mate! The base is a bit boring though... But that's the only thing, I like the way you painted it,

-Farodin
t12161991 wrote: I thought it would have been something along the lines of "Spez Mahreens. Kill. Kill again. Look good while killing. Proclaim that you're the best at killing while killing. Minor plot disturbance caused by a cracked fingernail. More killing. Kill the alien/chaos lord. Kill some more."
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Unicorn's conversions (6th Jun - WD noble painted + bonus)

Post by unicorn »

Hallo again... This days, I am trying to use the free time I have from my work (the overtime hours in last month give me 14 days of bonus vacation ;) ) to bring my army closer to finished (and full-painted) status. After this update, I will need to paint 16 mode models in order to have my "basic" (and non-Sethayla) 2500 pts army in fullpaint!

So, this time, I am here to present you finished wardancer (or should I say alter noble in faun (or goat) form, as all my wardanceres are? :) noble. Hope you will like it, the work on it was not easy, and I am not completely satisfied with the result... But I am satisfied enough to keep it as it is ;)

Enough talking, here he is:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

And, here is a bonus... I know I am usually not posting any photos of models who are not converted, painted or not, but this time I wish to make a exception... This is my spellweaver (usually using Beasty magic), made out of Morheim hired elf mage. I love that model damn much, and painting it was a real pleasure :)
Image Image
Last edited by unicorn on 07 Jun 2009, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Azaireal
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Azaireal »

The spellweaver reminds me of Obiwan Kenobi. That isn't a bad thing.

Good job with the fawn. He looks very composed.
Burning of the Azure Grove
Why is everything I did in 7th Edition suddenly so popular in 8th edition...?
Farodin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark ELves, converted Eldar (exodites...) and a bit of this and that (love to paint)

Post by Farodin »

I like both, althought the wizard doesn't really seems to fit in with the rest of the army.

-Farodin
t12161991 wrote: I thought it would have been something along the lines of "Spez Mahreens. Kill. Kill again. Look good while killing. Proclaim that you're the best at killing while killing. Minor plot disturbance caused by a cracked fingernail. More killing. Kill the alien/chaos lord. Kill some more."
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Farodin wrote:althought the wizard doesn't really seems to fit in with the rest of the army.
I am posting only pics of my converted models here. In my army, GG, GR and WW are "normal" elves, while the others are alters. from the characters, mages and no-kindread characters are normal elves, others are "alters" as well... Because of this, I think this wizard goes with my theme and fits to the "elvish" part of my army. Or at least, I hope he is ;)
Painted
Finished
Farodin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Farodin »

Ohh, ok, *looks to the topic title*, okeee :o , I should pay more attention, sorry.
In that case, I think he'd fit in perfect (the colourscheme fits in so I think all the elves look like that too xD).

-Farodin
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Unicorn's conversions (3rd Jul - 4th treekin)

Post by unicorn »

THREDOMANCY!

After a lot of time not working on my army at least something new happens to bring this thread back out of the depths of 2nd page! ;) And more will come (hopefully) soon :)

Anyway, this is it. 4th (out of 6 I wish to have in the final) treekin :) This time, the treekin is meaned to represent the "animal". As the representation of the head (and facing), I use reaped Ungor head this time, with added tongue. I hope that after painting, it will look good enough ;)

Image Image
Image Image

off-axis looks ;)
Image Image Image

and overall look of whole unit as it is now
Painted
Finished
Cyndra
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Unicorn's conversions (3rd Jul - 4th treekin)

Post by Cyndra »

I really like your conversions unicorn. I was wondering if they get broken in a case if they are taken anywhere?
Those who defile our glades will feel the swift wrath of the Asrai

Wood Elves
W-1/D-0/L-4

unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Cyndra wrote:I really like your conversions unicorn. I was wondering if they get broken in a case if they are taken anywhere?
Nope. Tons of plastic glue make them to be hard. And the neodymium magnets make transportation very safe too...
Painted
Finished
Raindog
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Dwarfs, Slaaneshi Chaos, and Wood Elves

Post by Raindog »

Wicked and very unique! :thumbsup:
Farodin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Farodin »

Love that guy, I imediatelly thought of some sort of animal when I saw it (slaaneshi...), really cool mate! IMO best conversion of the four!

-Farodon
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Unicorn's conversions (8th Jul - updated WDs)

Post by unicorn »

Welcome to this minor update! And please do not mind the crap quality of the pics, they was made in a hurry :(

Anyway... As you maybe already know, i am trying to make each (skirmish) unit in my army visually differ from all other units of the some kind, to be able to easily determinate where one unit ends and the 2nd starts in case they are going side-by-side. After I finished the painting of the 1st unit of my WDs, I realize that after the 2nd unit will be painted as well, they will look very similar. So, I decide to update the 2nd unit with the dreadlocks hairs to change this. And now, this is the result. I am really pleased with it, as I think this style of hairs really fits to the WDs, and as I love this arimatha-discovered style of hairs. So, this is it, next update will be - moist probably - 2nd painted unit of WRs, but I am afraid it will not be earlier that in August...

Image Image
Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
Painted
Finished
Cyndra
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Unicorn's conversions (8th Jul - updated WDs)

Post by Cyndra »

Really nice. my favorite one is the one going backwards over the rock.What did you use for the torso?

Cyndra

Wood Elves
W-1/D-0/L-4

unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Cyndra wrote:Really nice. my favorite one is the one going backwards over the rock.What did you use for the torso?

Cyndra
Thank you :)
The torsos, as well as the leggs, are beastman Ungors. The hands and heads are wood elves GGs / GRs
Painted
Finished
Cyndra
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Cyndra »

Ok thanks would you mind if I borrow your idea?

Wood Elves
W-1/D-0/L-4

unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Cyndra wrote:Ok thanks would you mind if I borrow your idea?
Of course not :) If yes, I will not post this pictures here, right? ;)
Painted
Finished
Cyndra
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Cyndra »

:nod: Ok thanks unicorn.

Wood Elves
W-1/D-0/L-4

solieann_veriket
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by solieann_veriket »

where did you get those satir legs? O.o even those heads horned heads?! that centaur idea is perfect for the wood elfs excellent job let me know huh?
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

solieann_veriket wrote:where did you get those satir legs?

THe legs are integral part of the Ungor bodies I am using for the bodies ;) Simple yet effective ;)
even those heads horned heads?!
Glade Guard/Rider heads for the heads, cut out (shortened) Gor horns glued to them for the horns. Again very, very simple :)
Painted
Finished
yeps
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Asrai, working on Chaos Warriors.

Post by yeps »

One quick question, why is the hair of the upside down one still laying perfectly on his back? Other than that, I really like the models, far above what I could make.
Signatures? What is this madness?!
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Unicorn's conversions (18th Nov - thredomancy/2nd Treeman)

Post by unicorn »

THREDOMANCY!!!
:D

I was out of the time and will to do anything about my models for long, looong months; but now, things are (slightly) changing. My 2nd son finally born, and I take 2 months free from my work in order to be at home with him, my older son and with their mom, my beloved wife :) So, the days right now I am spending with my family, but the evenings, if there is still enough energy to do anything, are dedicated to my figures once again :)

Today's update is very minor in terms of conversion - the original GW model is simply awesome, so there was minimal need of change. I just did not like the nose, so I did another; and I did not like the rigid pose, so I change it. With that, some minor sculpting on the back of treeman was made, but nothing really important.
Anyway, I really like the resulting pose and the model, and I am also glad it seems that the GW-made model fits to my home-made one perfectly :) If you imagine the converted (and painted) treeman is Ancient one, while the new, subtle one is normal one, I think it fits perfectly :)

Anyway, enough talking, let's post! And look forward for my new Treekin models, and for the 2nd WR unit I am trying to paint :)

Image Image
Painted
Finished