Elder of the Council

Warriors of the Silver Flame vs Empire the rematch

Post by Hyarion »

My list can be found here.

His list:
10 Swordsmen, full command
4 Handgunners as a detachment
4 Upgraged Knights
1 Hellblaster (Really makes me want to take a treeman next time...)
Lv 1 Wizard (had armor that let him cast spells) took lore of life, rolled Master of the Marsh.

This one will be a bit more vague, but the ending is amazing and I will take more notes next time.

Once again, Jeff got the first turn.

Empire turn 1

Moved everything forward. I was out of sight of the hellblaster.

Woodelves turn 1
Tried to shoot the handgunners with WW, managed to kill 1 (of 4). Ran the WD/Alter up the side. Shooting saw half of the swordsmen fall to the mighty HoDA.

Empire turn 2
The hellblaster vaporized the WW. All of them. Stink. Everybody else moves forward. The knights are moving a little too close now.

Woodelves turn 2
Alter get magicked goes behind rock in center to avoid hell blaster, is directly on the other side of the rock from the wizard/swordsmen. GG kill 2 swordsmen.

Empire turn 3
Knights charge/overrun GG squad 1. Wizard magicks Alter again.

Woodelves turn 3
Alter joins WD in forest behind his deployment zone, just barely not visible to the hellblaster. GG squad 2 kills a knight at close range. GG squad 3 kills remainder of swordsmen. WD hide behind handgunners(who have loaded their rifles with mothballs for all they good they are doing).

Empire turn 4
Knights charge GG squad 2 killing them, overrunning into GG squad 3.

Woodelves turn 4

Charge Alter (aka Captain Whiffing Greatsword) into Wizard, the alter does 1 wound (on 4 attacks), wins combat and overruns the Wizard. WD's charge the handgunners killing them all. Knights don't whiff all their attacks, GG stay in combat.

Empire turn 5
Hellblaster shoots WDs, 13 hits, 6 wounds, 3 saves *phew* Knights manage to kill 1 GG, the foolhardy GG hold and remain to fight another day.

Woodelves turn 5
Alter charges hellblaster, annihilates crew and manages to restrain pursuit. Knights kill 1 more GG, the lone suicidal GG passes his leadership again and decides he really really wants his head taken off by a knightly warhammer.

Empire turn 6
3 Knights of the Inner Circle and 3 horses vs Superman's secret identity as a mild mannered Glade Guard. They hit will all 6 attacks, and fail to wound with all of them. The lone GG (Mr. Lemming) decides to stay in combat (I love ld 8).

Wood Elves turn 6
The Alter flank charges the knights, kills 2, and ends up overruning him.

We didn't bother to count victory points, I annihilated his entire side. Victory to ZIM!

My Glade Guard definitely win the MVP award for this game for passing all of their leadership tests.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

Alter joins WD in forest behind his deployment zone
I hope you don't mean he actually joined the unit, because that would be illegal.

Good battle fought. I really enjoy warband battles, as they are easy to follow and I am a big warband-freak (or warband-advocate, whichever you prefer).

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

No, he didn't join the unit, he just camped out in the same forest as the WD's

I agree, warband games are way more fun because you can usually play two or more in the same time as it takes to play a 2k point game.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

hyarion wrote:No, he didn't join the unit, he just camped out in the same forest as the WD's
I assumed so. I just wanted to clarify it though.

Warband games get loads more fun when you add a few players. Multiplayer warbands are some of the best games I've played.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's