4 Knights
Battle Priest ench Sh, Dawn armor(? 4+AS/rerollable) in unit of swordsmen

He elected to go first.

Empire turn 1
Movement: Everything marched forward
Shooting: none
Combat: none

Wood Elves turn 1
Movement: WD's hid behind a rock to avoid getting charged by pistoliers. GG positioned to shoot and avoid charges by knights/pistoliers. Marched Alter forward to prepare for charging.

Shooting: WW killed 3 handgunners, GG killed 1 pistolier causing them to run like patsies. Failed to wound knights with other GG. Killed 4 swordsmen with HoDA.

Empire turn 2
Movement: His pistoliers continued to panic, almost reaching the edge of the board. Knights move up to charge range of GG. Swordsmen brace to receive charge of Alter and threaten WW.
Shooting: Lose one wound on Alter due to Handgunners.

Woodelves turn 2
Movement: I wasn't able to move the GG to safety, so I ran them up to close range to try and kill some knights. Positioned WD to flank charge knights. Backed WW off to protect them. Alter couldn't see swordsmen due to forest.

Shooting: Killed Remaining Handgunners with WW.

Combat: None

Empire turn 3
Movement: Pistoliers finally rally. Knights charge one unit of GG. Swordsmen try to charge WW, but fail.

Shooting: none

Combat: my GG get soundly beaten (surprise...) and the Knights pursue and overrun off the board.

Woodelves turn 3
Movement: Charge swordsmen with Alter, WW (they were two inches away) Position WD to charge knights as soon as they come back on to board. Move GG all forward (I have 2x3 remaining by this point)

Shooting: nothing.

Combat: Alter got challenged by priest, did 1 wound, got promptly killed. WW kill 3 swordsmen, lose 2 in return, manage to stand ground.

Empire turn 4

Movement: Pistoliers march forward, knights move back onto board.

Shooting: he tried to shoot at my GG with the pistoliers, but missed them all.

Combat: Swordsmen killed 1 WW and lost 1 back.

Woodelves turn 4

Movement: Charged WDs into knights. Repositioned GG to fire on pistoliers.

Shooting: Whiffed all 6 shots.

Combat: WW bite the dust, thanks to that blasted battle priest. WDs use killing blow to kill 2 knights and do 4 wounds to the rest of them, I lost 1 WD but ran them off the table.

Empire turn 5

Movement: moved pistoliers up, began to move Priest, Swordsman champion and banner bearer (all that remained) up.

Shooting: He missed with the pistoliers.

Woodelves turn 5

Movement: At this point my WD were too far away to catch anything else before the end of the game.

Shooting: Annihilated pistoliers (sorta makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) ).

Turn 6 wouldn't have accomplished anything, he couldn't reach me, and I couldn't reach him. I tried to shoot at him, but failed to wound anything.

Victory Points:
Me - 250 and change.
Him - 192

[/url]
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

PrinceElthuanStarshine
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by PrinceElthuanStarshine »

Your report is kind of vague. You haven't mentioned deployment at all so is hard to visualize clearly.

What do you wish to achieve from posting this (feedback or...)? Any response is hard without key details. Future battle reports sould be either more informative or have a clear odea for discussion.