ETC comp eternal guard star vs new dwarfs

Moderator: Council of Elders

tomrobo23
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

ETC comp eternal guard star vs new dwarfs

Post by tomrobo23 »

So a friend and I decided to try some new armies and lists. He's getting back into his dwarfs and i'm getting used to Wood Elves after buying my friend's army and trying out the eternal guard deathstar. ETC comp essentially means at 2400 pts Woodies get an extra 100pts, their wizards can use any of the 8 lores, all elves get asf, max 50 Glade Guard, bsb can take normal equipment, forest spirit ward is permanent.

My list

lvl4, shadow, rhymer's harp, scroll
Highborn, dawnspear, amaranthine brooch, annoyance of netlings, enchanted shield, light armour

bsb, hail of doom, eternal kindred, merciws locus
noble, fimbulwinter shard, glittering scales, great weapon
lvl2, metal, moonstone
noble, eagle, stone of crystal mere, charmed shield, great weapon, light armour

core
10 glade guard, muso
10 GG, muso
10 GG, muso
27 eternal guard, full command, razor banner
8 dryads
8 dryads

special
8 wildriders, muso, standard, +1mv banner

rare
eagle
eagle

my friends list was

lord, oathstone, the double strength against t5+ rune, 4++ ward rune, 3+ armour
runesmith, spelleater rune, master rune of gromrill so 1+ AS, great weapon
bsb, oathstone, great weapon, banner of 4++ ward on him and 5++ for any other unit from shooting.
engineer

core

30 longbeards, sword and board, stubborn banner and full command
20 quarellers, full command, stubborn banner and some other paltry rune
4 gyrocopters
(2 of which vanguard)
14 rangers, ful command
organ gun,rune of +1 to hit and a reroll
flame cannon

So terrain was in this rough set up:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
marsh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wall,,,,wall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wood,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,statue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wall,,,,wall,,,,,,,,,,,,impassable,,,,,,,,
,,,,,Ruin,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so deployment sees the two non vanguarding gyros on the right side of the big river. the longbeard bus is in line with the hill with the runepriest and lord in there. Organ gun is behind the wall with engineer next to it and so are the quarellers with the bsb. flame cannon is between the wood and the wall. Two vanguarding copters behind the wood and the rangers scout into the wood since he knows i have the moonstone.

For me theres 10 GG behins the ruin, dryads on the right of the river behind the statue, eagle behind them. wildriders behind the wall then eternal guard in the wood. two units of ten on the line behind the long wall with eagle and eagle noble behind them. another unit of dryads between wall and impassable.

he vanguards the copters on the right into centre field. I vanguard to between statue and river with wildriders.

he gets turn 1 and the copters move up. two on the left fly up and keep either side of the wildriders charge arc. other two fly over a unit of GG and kill 4. his lines are static but longbeards advance on the eternal guard. Organ gun pips two GG from the depleted unit. quarellers and rangers get 2 wounds on the full unit because of range and cover meaning hitting on 6s.

My turn 1. dryads charge a copter to the right of the statue which flees. GG on the left of the river move into the ruins, Wildriders sweep up to the flank of the longbeards with a line on the organ gun. Eternal guard move up next to the statue, behind the wall. Eagle is behind keeping watch for copters. the 8GG unit turn around and back up to get against the wall, the 4 GG move up to the wall too. Dryads move up the right flanks staying out of the river.

in magic i cast plague of rust on the longbeards and melkoths miasma for bs on the organ gun for -1.

shooting. pop hail of doom on the fleeing copter since its the only real target in LoS and i'm not afraid of the longbeards, I get 4 shots, 3 wounds, he saves two. GG on the left in short range of a copter do 3 wounds and he saves all of them. 8GG do three wounds to another copter and he saves 2 of three. nothing else of note happens but i'm speechless at his 5+armour saves.

his turn 2 no charges. Moves the rangers in an attempt to screen the flame cannon from the eagle noble, doesn't realise I can simply go around as warmachines have no facing. Longbeards move up beside the hill. Copters gonna copter and one has a shot on the eternal guard. Shooting sees 6 Eternal guard die but not much else. He shoots 4 wildriders down with organ gun and flame cannons due to misfires/ falling short.

my turn 2 wildriders charge organ gun, eagle noble charged flame cannon. 8GG charge a copter, dryads on left charge another copter but don't make it because eternal guard fail there charge blocking them off. an eagle charges the other copter on the left but rolls 1,1,2 when it needed 15 :/ lol. not much movement since everything charged.

magic. I get withering off on the longbeards and he eats melkoths

shooting, not much happens, i think i kill a copter with the ten GG on the left flank.

combat. 8 GG do nothing and take 2 wounds but hold. Wildriders kill 2 of the three crew, they hold. Eagle noble wipes the flame cannon and overruns to be next to the organ gun.

his 3. master engineer charges the 4 wildriders, fleeing copter rallies in front of the longbeards by the hill. rangers turn around to throw axes at my noble. Quarellers move up because of shitty targets and wanting bsb range on the longbeards. Dispells withering, does virtually nothing in shooting but a flame on the eternal guard kill 4. Combat is static as eagles, glade guard and copters pillow fight in my back field. Master engineer kills 2 wildriders but they finish the organ gun.

my three. eternal guard charge copter in front of the longbeards which holds. eagle noble charges master engineer in the rear in his backfield. eagle and dryads advance near to the wood but still a way away. Dryads on left move around the statue.

magic, get plague of rust off on the longbeards as he dispelled withering.

shooting, i really don't have much left but the two copters not in combat finally go down.

combat, Highborn does 3 wounds and his 5++ parry saves them all. so no -1 to hit my unit. Eternel guard get 3-4 kills and noble with GW kills 1. He hits back and his lord does 1 wound and longbeards kill another 1. My bus has muso, standard, champ, -2 to hit noble and then highborn, with the lvl4, lvl2 and bsb in second rank. GW runesmith hits the noble and does a wound, noticeable thing was he rolled that and with his very first roll did a wound, that was as lucky as he got in that respect as that noble just would not take a second hit. I win but he's stubborn. GG fighting the copter sneak a wound and he fluffs and runs, he'll fail to rally next turn and i'll charge him off. Maaster engineer is splatted by the eagle noble.

his 4. Quarrelers move up again.That's about it, he has 3 units so not much to do. Shooting sees rangers kill the wildriders. In combat the EG wake up and kill 5 longbeards, the highborn kills 2 and the noble nets another two. He's hitting the noble at -3 now so longbeards are wasting half their attacks since they can't touch the lord, the noble and the one attack against my champ always seems to miss. His lord fluffs and i only take 1-2 casualties, rhymers harp and dwanspear give the EG some real staying power.

my 4. Everything on the flanks move up, the dryads on the right enter the woods and eagle noble moves to rangers flank for next turn charge. Dryads on left move for longbeards flank. Magic, I get withering at -3. Shooting, well i have like 4 GGleft on the right and the ten on the left are out of range. Combat and Eternal guard put another big dint in the longbeards with dawnspear gaining more -1 to hit. He challenges with the lord and i accept with the champ to see what he has. Means more attacks have to go against characters and even more attacks are wasted. he holds.

his 5. Quarellers move up to flank EG. Rangers turn around to throw axes at the dryads. he dispells withering. In combat my champ does a wound! to his lord and survives the attacks back. turns out 4 s4 attacks is pretty weak. Eternal guard only just out do wounds and he has 10 longbeards or so left. Noble kills his runesmith.

my 5. eagle, eagle noble and dryads charge rangers. another eagle jumps under the quarellers to protect my EG's flank. Magic, I get enchanted blades and okhams on the EG. Shooting, i kill one quareller. Combat, I forget about okhams . . . I remember for the challenge and my characters but the EG with all their attack were s3. He kills the champ after warding 2 wounds and i kill him down to 4 longbeards. in the ranger combat his champ draws out my noble, I kill 4 and lose 3 dryads. He sticks on a 6 in the wood.

his 6 quarrlers charge the eagle. Straight to combat, i run down the rangers, my eagle dies to his crossbows and i wipe the longbeards with dryads failing to catch him, he rolled 12. My EG face the crossbows flank.

My 6 charge crossbows with the EG in the flank. Magic, i plague of rust them, he stops withering. Oathstone give him his parry and ranks so i kill 5-6 but he sticks and ends the game.

I won fairly well there. ETC comp gives the woodies a nice little boost that makes them pretty powerful in certain respects. Think in future i'd take a ogre blade rather than dawnspear on the highborn but it was more of a fun choice than competitive.