Wood Elves versus Empire - lots of pics as usual

Moderator: Council of Elders

Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Wood Elves versus Empire - lots of pics as usual

Post by Dragon halitosis »

It's been seriously hot here in South Australia, so hot even the damn lap top was sweating. With the heat wave passing I finally managed to write up my last game as a bat rep. 1500 points of woodies going down to the wire versus 1500 points of Empire in Blood and Glory.

http://cognitionfatigue.wordpress.com/w ... 00-points/

I hope you enjoy it.
citizendave
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Wood Elves versus Empire - lots of pics as usual

Post by citizendave »

oh yeah youre south aussie too! heat wave is over! heat wave is very bad for paints and green stuff. and patience. and the living.
i tried the southern wargamers that you suggested in my intro post, but there weren't any fantasy players that day and i havent been back. im a regular at warradale GW. how about you?
and nice report too :)
Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Thanks mate. I try to get to southern gamers club when I can... about 1 - 2 times per month plus tournaments. I usually bring a fow and a whfb army so if I am there a game of whfb is definitely an option. They also do 2 tournaments per year an there is some sort of month by month campaign. Kicks off again in february and there is some info on wargamerau... a bit hard to find as it is buried in the bowles of the forum links. Its a good bunch at that club so worth another look if u get the time. I dont get to warradale much coz I am seriously time poor but might make more of an effort for definite games.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Looks like a good report. I started flicking through it looking at pictures but want to read it now, so will have to wait until Iater.

Thanks for sharing,
Frogboy
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

I got my arse handed to me by empire last night in a 2500 point game.. cannon steam tank... both wound my treemen and both rolled 6 wounds bye bye two treeman ...worst game ever haha.
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Ouch. Thats rough.
Soltari
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Soltari »

Thank you for sharing!

Did you really have 2 x 6 Dryads? Special rule for Dryads?
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Haha nice read...

Lucky to pull a draw out of that then.

So have Empire always had an annoying Pegusis rider, I seem to remember the last army book had one with this chest or Pandora's box thingy which used to steal my spells. Frustrating as hell. If you play this guy all the time why not Taylor build something to take him out, like eagle noble with the spirit sword (just off the top of my head) might work ? Or someone can suggest something.
His Peg Hero would have won him the game if he didn't commit his unit of great swords. I would have left them behind the woods.
Killing that Peg Hero would be my number one priority, to hell with everything else :D

Anyway thanks for sharing.
Frogboy
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah