Great eagle 50
5 Waywatchers Shadow Sentinel
total 999
(his)
HE
-Lords
Alith Anar 250
-heroes
Noble Heavy armor Fencer's blades Great eagle Shredding talons swiftsense longbow lance talisman of protection 185
-core
10 archers FC 130
10 LSG FC 140
-Rare
Eagle claw bolt thrower 70
2 great eagles 100
5 sisters of averlorn high sister 80
total 995
deployment we got meeting engagement and he deployed first the terain was a building a forrest :) and fences (we play d3 +2 terrain because our table is half the size of gw tables). the forrest was in his deployment zone and the fences were around 3 of the building's sides in the middle. his bolt thrower and LSG were reserves my Great eagle and scouts were reserves :( and all my stuff was on his flank except the wardancers and he deployed in a gorup
turn one
High elves swift reform to face most of my troops (GE just reformed). magic phase is non-existent. he shoots taking out two of the Glade riders with his 15 shots
Wood elves
my glade riders march to his flank while the Glade guard and wardances move up and the Waywatchers back and my highborn into the building. magic comes and i get an amazing 4 on the winds of magic manage to cast tree singing 3 times by his bad dispel rolls and 1 sister dies. i shoot killing the 2 great eagles, the remaining sisters and Alith Anar and wounding 2 wounds of the noble.
turn two
High elves
his eagle noble charges my highborn he gets his bolt thrower and LSG back and groups them in his corner the eagle noble charges archers swift reform to kill the glade riders and in shooting the LSG and Archers kill off the rest but barely and my highborn takes a wound and kills the eagle noble in CC
Wood elves i move up with all and move my great eagle 20 and get double 6's on a charge with gg scouts and a 10 on a charge with wardancers into a two way combat with the archers magic is 8 dice and with it i move the forest over to his bolt thrower and kill it while he never successfully dispels i shoot killing 9 Lsg and causing the other to flee of the field. close combat sees the death of 9 archers and the other one overrun by wardancers
there it is a quick battle and a smashing victory for the woddies
Ioreth Starmantle wrote: Hmm, the Asur never leave home without the Book of Hoeth, the Druchii love their Tome of Furion. We now have one that suits us very nicely(book of asur). Time to start an Elf book club (that means we club each other with books).
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Re: WE vs HE 1k

Post by hutobega »

The dice gods were on your side? hah wood elves are good at 1000 points I feel. so much shooting can usually clean the board.
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
Aemir
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Aemir »

Gosh... Asur pwned like never before. But the treesinging was strange - it is impossible to move forest OVER any unit. Thus you couldn't treesing his Bolt Thrower to death.
nated4444
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: WE DoC orks 40k

Post by nated4444 »

Aemir wrote:Gosh... Asur pwned like never before. But the treesinging was strange - it is impossible to move forest OVER any unit. Thus you couldn't treesing his Bolt Thrower to death.
i just meant that it moved through it was open terrain and stopped at the bolt thrower
Ioreth Starmantle wrote: Hmm, the Asur never leave home without the Book of Hoeth, the Druchii love their Tome of Furion. We now have one that suits us very nicely(book of asur). Time to start an Elf book club (that means we club each other with books).
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

We play that base contact with a forest means you're in the forest for purposes of spells.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord