Le Succour of Le Hammeau Avec Les Porcs Wood Elves vs Skaven

Moderator: Council of Elders

chickenbane
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Skaven, Lizardmen

Le Succour of Le Hammeau Avec Les Porcs Wood Elves vs Skaven

Post by chickenbane »

Hi, just put up a battle report on my Blog, I'm playing in a tournament with a benevolent comp for Wood elves so I'm trying out a list.

Here is the army list:
Silasal Skyslayer' Highborn on Eagle with Sword of Might, Stone of the Crystal Mere, Dragonhelm, Charmed Shield, Annoyance of Netlings.

Cliath Carne The Skeinweaver' Level 4 Spellweaver (Shadow Magic) with Wand of the Wych Elm & Stone of Rebirth. Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma, The Enfeebling Foe, The Withering, Okkam's Mindrazor.

Gasaldriel the Noble, Army Standard Bearer with Armour of Fortune.

Kelthelmon Gladegrim,Wild Rider Noble with Dawnspear & Enchanted Spear.

Aeth Hawksight, Level 2 Glamourweave on elven steed with Power Stone. Wyssan's Wildform & Savage Beast of Horros.

Branchwraith

3 units of 8 Dryads

15 Glade Guard with the flaming banner

10 Glade Guard with standard & musician

2 units of 10 Glade Guard

8 Wardancers with Bladesinger & musician

8 Wild Riders with full command & Banner of Swiftness

2 Great Eagles

Comments and critique very welcome. :)
My blog Contains the occasional Wood Elf!

My Battles
Aemir
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: Le Succour of Le Hammeau Avec Les Porcs Wood Elves vs Sk

Post by Aemir »

chickenbane wrote:
Gasaldriel the Noble, Army Standard Bearer with Armour of Fortune.

Kelthelmon Gladegrim,Wild Rider Noble with Dawnspear & Enchanted Spear.

Aeth Hawksight, Level 2 Glamourweave on elven steed with Power Stone. Wyssan's Wildform & Savage Beast of Horros.

First of all, congrats!

Second, critics - your Wild Rider is illegal, cause they (Wild Rider kindred) can't take Magic Armor (I mean that Enchanted Shield prolly not Spear, however it would be cool to bring 2 spears :D ) besides Helm of the Hunt (See F.A.Q.) or Magic light armor.

Why no HoDA with BSB? WIth Shadow Magic it is golden, especially against Skaven mean big stuff.

And your Wild Rider unit was pretty powerful with Noble and Beast magic with 4++ against enemy magic damage, think next time you'll use Vanguard and bring ruins to the pesky Skaven flanks as soon as possible )

P.S. How did you manage to shoot HPA with 36 shots - according to your map it was behind the building for two GG units .
chickenbane
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Skaven, Lizardmen

Re: Le Succour of Le Hammeau Avec Les Porcs Wood Elves vs Sk

Post by chickenbane »

Oops, I had forgotten about that faq. :o Yes indeed it was the enchanted shield. Good job he never had to use it. :D

I didn't take the HOD as I wanted survivability rather than damage output for my bsb. As far as the map is concerned, it is not 100% accurate, the buildings, hills and rivers in battle chronicler are different sizes to the ones in my collection so a certain amount of artistic licence is employed. And yes vangarding would have been a much better option . I will use them more aggressively in the future.
My blog Contains the occasional Wood Elf!

My Battles