Stone Hammer 2014 Tournament Report - Woodies in action.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aemir
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: Stone Hammer 2014 Tournament Report - Woodies in action.

Post by Aemir »

Electric Puha wrote: Regarding metal. The Asrai do have metal weapons etc and the only way other than magic to work metal involves mining for coal or burning lots of wood which seems even more out of character :D
I'm afraid it's far from lore, Ulthuan heirloom and Brettonian gifts to the "Feyfolk" make their metal armaments. It is even stated that Asrai sometimes use arrow tips made of stone, cause their metal forging is inferior.
Electric Puha
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Electric Puha »

Guess stone warheads is good justification as to why they do so poorly against armour. My I ask where that's written? Most recent army book? I always thought "Armour to Arrowheads" would be the most useful spell. Couple of dead dwarfs and you'd be set for years :D

I do like OP's attitude towards fluff and power list though.
Dimaethor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dimaethor »

Great showing at teh co,petition, and again thankyou for taking the time to try something a bit different and also writig up these reports!.

I suppose also that living in an enchanted wood would cut down teh need for metal artifacts, Spites are likely to help with any defensive needs and flint tools would be more then enough to help with the various limited productions.

Arrows could be either flint tipped, or simply hardened with fire and then charmed. Most of the troops GG would be shooting at who arent hurt by either type would also probably be in medium or heavy armour.

Love your approach to lore in list building, well done!