tournament rules and scoring?

Moderator: Council of Elders

SquidBoy
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

tournament rules and scoring?

Post by SquidBoy »

In a few weeks we are gathering a small group of friends to have a mini tournament and I thought it would be fun to use some proper tourney rules with time limits, sportsmanship and painting score. The problem is that I have never been to a WHFB touney.. thus I don't know how it all works. Could someone enlighten me?

1. How is the battle score calculated?
2. What time limit is standard? Is the game ended immediately when time is out? or is the round finished?
3. How is the sportmanship score calculated?
4. How is the paint score calculated?
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: tournament rules and scoring?

Post by godswearhats »

Every tournament is different. However, many use the 20-0 system for scoring. As a starting point, you can check the rules for Sparkle Party Death Match, which is our local tournament.

Hope this helps,
~gwh
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: tournament rules and scoring?

Post by frogboy »

SquidBoy wrote:
1. How is the battle score calculated?
A. 20-0
2. What time limit is standard? Is the game ended immediately when time is out? or is the round finished?
A. Depends on size of games, I'd say about 2 - 2 and a half hours, yes you have to finish in this time
3. How is the sportmanship score calculated ?
A. It depends on what it's being used for, sometimes there's a prize for best sportsman, or it could be used in a tie break. Mostly players are told to give each opponate they play a score. Although this way can be used to cheat as serveral payers can come together and vote tactically.
4. How is the paint score calculated?
A. If your army is painted with at least three colours and is based then you will get the bonus points if not then you will not get points. You don't have to be an expert painter.
Hope that helps a little...

Anyway most important thing is to have fun :D :thumbsup:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah