BSB Chariot

Moderator: Council of Elders

Eru-Andon'Fang
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

BSB Chariot

Post by Eru-Andon'Fang »

If the BSB is slain in CC, but the chariot survives, it wld be worth 100 pts. Right?

You get 100 bonus pts for taking the BSB, but no points for the unit, as it survived.
soilworker
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: partial (ogres, orcs, dwarfs) woodies are primary

Re: BSB Chariot

Post by soilworker »

chariot is removed from play and counted as a casualty I believe (ie lose points for both BSB & chariot) I can't back that up, about 100km from my BRB. think of it like a warmachine and its crew, if I kill the crew then you lose points for the (war machine + crew) despite not having torn apart the war machine.
It will as though a man fled from a lion only to meet a bear -- Amos 5:19

beasts feld by bow: stegadon, rhinox rider, warsphinx, chimera, terrorgheist.
Overmind
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Overmind »

The chariot remains on the battlefireld as per the rules for ridden monsters and you would score no points for the BSB unless the chariot(the rest of the model as in monster mounts), dies.
My dream for 8th ed Wood Elves: Less need to use Trees, elves get better, less need for me to have a Lord Mage. Not the most realistic, but hey we've got to have wishlists eh?

ALL HAIL TREE MAMMOTH!
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Shandrakor »

If you kill the BSB (or General for that matter) riding a chariot or ridden monster, you score the points for killing the BSB (or General) [+100 each]. On the other hand, you don't gain the points to buy said character on a chariot or a ridden monster until the entire model (character + chariot or monster) is destroyed or fled off the table.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Shandrakor wrote:If you kill the BSB (or General for that matter) riding a chariot or ridden monster, you score the points for killing the BSB (or General) [+100 each]. On the other hand, you don't gain the points to buy said character on a chariot or a ridden monster until the entire model (character + chariot or monster) is destroyed or fled off the table.
This is a little contradiction, no? :) You get the points for slaying bsb but not the points for slaying model? And yep, I know, by common sense (and FAQ), this makes perfect sense :D
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Eru-Andon'Fang
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Eru-Andon'Fang »

unicorn wrote: You get the points for slaying bsb but not the points for slaying model? And yep, I know, by common sense (and FAQ), this makes perfect sense :D
So in the end you get just the 100 pts right?
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Eru-Andon'Fang wrote:So in the end you get just the 100 pts right?
right
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Eru-Andon'Fang
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Eru-Andon'Fang »

Thanks much Unicorn. I don't know what we would do without you.
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Shandrakor »

unicorn wrote:This is a little contradiction, no? :) You get the points for slaying bsb but not the points for slaying model? And yep, I know, by common sense (and FAQ), this makes perfect sense :D
Hah! Yes it makes perfect sense... :lol: That rule, in the FAQ, where you have to kill the whole thing should have caveated those 2 characters, either by retaining the +100 or by giving character points in addition. But that would be too consistent for GW! :roll:
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Overmind
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Overmind »

unicorn wrote:
Eru-Andon'Fang wrote:So in the end you get just the 100 pts right?
right

Could I get a quote on that, as I can't seem to find that anywhere and all I see is that the whole model must die for points to be earned.
My dream for 8th ed Wood Elves: Less need to use Trees, elves get better, less need for me to have a Lord Mage. Not the most realistic, but hey we've got to have wishlists eh?

ALL HAIL TREE MAMMOTH!
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Overmind wrote:...
Yes, whole model needs to die to get points for it. But only BSB/general needs to die to get 100 pts.

Or do you believe that if you have general on dragon, general dies and dragons stays, the dragon still keep the inspiring presence special rule? :D
Painted
Finished
Overmind
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Overmind »

Nope, but I wouldn't claim the extra 100pts either.

ALL HAIL TREE MAMMOTH!