Hatred Special Rule

Moderator: Council of Elders

memnon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Hatred Special Rule

Post by memnon »

Hi,i recently played a game with wood elves against vampire counts following the 8th edition rules. I send my treeman and 3 treekin against his grave guard(horde,magical attacks,great weapon,5+ armour save and ...banner of hatred ) supporting them with LoreofLife-spellweaver lvl4 . He killed them all in the first round of combat. However it wasn't as much the magical attacks that brought such a result as the hatred special rule. In the new rulebook,a model with hatred can reroll all missed attacks. Does the word 'missed' refers to the roll-to-Hit and the roll-to-Wound (that's how we played it) or just the roll-to-Hit? I didn't want to disagree over the rules,so i played for fun that combat just to see the potential of my forest spirits,but i think the hatred gives reroll only to Hit. The meaning of the word 'miss',is that the attack finds its target. Once accomplished a hit already you cannot 'miss' a wound,your strength just isn't enough for the current attack to achieve a wound . Any opinions on this matter will be welcome. Thank you! :)
Last edited by Mist Walker on 03 Jun 2011, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Pool of Enlightenment, rules questions here, site based questions in Questions and Suggestions-Mist Walker
Ellisthion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau

Re: Hatred Special Rule

Post by Ellisthion »

Absolutely just To-Hit.
Asrai Master
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves (obviously) and I have at least briefly considered playing nearly every army in Warhammer

Post by Asrai Master »

Yeah, hatred only lets you re-roll failed hits, not wounds.
Bad Beast
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Beastmen

Post by Bad Beast »

Hatred only allows rerolls to hit, and normally only in the first round of combat (I say normally because the beastmen army can get it in subsequent rounds)
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society