Two Hand Weapons and Bow of Loren

Moderator: Council of Elders

Siegfried
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Bretonnia.

Two Hand Weapons and Bow of Loren

Post by Siegfried »

Sooo... I was reading the reading the rulebook and I saw that the extra attack granted by two hand weapons is listed as a special rule that increases the attack value of a model.

So I thought that perhaps that extra attack is also aplied in Bow of Loren. Initially I thought that it is not the case, but the fact the special rule states "increases his attacks value by 1", made me wonder...

So is my deduction correct, or did I get the wrong impression? Because it would be really nice if we could get 5 or 6 (alter kindred case) shooting attacks on Bow of Loren, it would increase its effectiveness.

Anyway opinions and interpretations are welcome.:)

Cheers, Sieg.
My Art Blog: Valleys of Eternity
sirkently
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Necrons

Re: Two Hand Weapons and Bow of Loren

Post by sirkently »

Special rules are only applicable while using the weapon giving that special rule. Its in the FAQ somewhere. So no, having an extra hand weapon won't give you an extra shot with the bow.
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Siegfried wrote:So I thought that perhaps that extra attack is also aplied in Bow of Loren. Initially I thought that it is not the case, but the fact the special rule states "increases his attacks value by 1", made me wonder...
Yea. The model "attacking with a weapon who bestowe this special rule"... And I doubt you will prove you are actually shooting your additional weapons instead of arrows from your BoL :D
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
herenvardo
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WE only for now
Location: Sant Cugat del Vallès, Vallès Occidental, Catalunya

Post by herenvardo »

unicorn wrote:And I doubt you will prove you are actually shooting your additional weapons instead of arrows from your BoL :D
Come on! We are the Asrai! Our bows would be shooting even entire Treekin units if GW allowed us! :P

Back to the topic: Unicorn is right, and the line he quoted says everything that needs to be said.

The boosts that do grant extra BoL shoots are the Alter Kindred (+1) and Savage Beast of Horros (+3; Lore of Beasts). In addition, those two stack together (so an Alter HB with BoL and Horros on it would unleash 8 shoots in a single turn).

There are also some swords in the BRB that grant a static bonus to the Attacks attribute rather than granting the Extra Attack special rule; so in theory could work; but since these are magical weapons they can't be taken by a character carrying the BoL (max. one item of each type). HotH also gets close: if there was a way to shoot the BoL during the combat on which the character charged, the bow could benefit from the extra attack granted by the helm; but that's just undoable.
Siegfried
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Bretonnia.

Post by Siegfried »

Ok I thought that was the case too, but since through my experience I have learned that nothing should be taken for granted when it comes to GW, I thought to clarify this.

Thanks for the replies mates.:)
My Art Blog: Valleys of Eternity