Moonstone into Mysterious Forest

Moderator: Council of Elders

Jerubaal
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Moonstone into Mysterious Forest

Post by Jerubaal »

I've not found the answer by searching, so am posting my Q:

What sort of a move is it when using the Moonstone? I assume it triggers an unknown Mysterious Forest into being identified. But what about the poison thicket one, which causes damage when a unit moves through the forest? Since it is a special move and the unit just appears in position, has it not actually moved through anything but the ether.
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: Moonstone into Mysterious Forest

Post by unicorn »

This question is good, tough little irrelevant. Cause only one wood calculates with "moving through" - and it forces you to take dangerous terrain test. What WE do not care much about, as we are forest striders.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Jerubaal
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Jerubaal »

Good point! I forgot about that :cry: My poor dryads suffered for no reason :crazy:
It was the first time I'd encountered one of those forests and just followed what my opponent said, because he's played 8th ed far more than me....Never again!
Caitsidhe
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Caitsidhe »

Well, technically you wouldn't make that dangerous terrain roll anyway. Wood Elves have an army wide rule that says we do not take dangerous terrain checks in forests. A venom thicket is ALSO a forest and hence you don't make the check. It is a RAW (rules as written) issue. Until they Faq it otherwise you may ignore that particular downside.