In what order?

Moderator: Council of Elders

Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

In what order?

Post by Shandrakor »

If you have a Keeper of Secrets facing off with something that has Always Strikes First like say... High Elf Swordmasters of Hoeth for example, and is down a number of wounds for whatever reason. Does the healing from wounds that the Keeper does take effect before the model would die, given that the Swordmasters swing simultaneously with it? Further, if the Keeper of Secrets was at full wounds but took enough wounds from the Swordmasters to die in one round (improbable, but for example). Would the Keeper die before it regains its wounds back?
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Caitsidhe
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: In what order?

Post by Caitsidhe »

Shandrakor wrote:If you have a Keeper of Secrets facing off with something that has Always Strikes First like say... High Elf Swordmasters of Hoeth for example, and is down a number of wounds for whatever reason. Does the healing from wounds that the Keeper does take effect before the model would die, given that the Swordmasters swing simultaneously with it? Further, if the Keeper of Secrets was at full wounds but took enough wounds from the Swordmasters to die in one round (improbable, but for example). Would the Keeper die before it regains its wounds back?
Good question and one way out of my depth. That one probably requires a dreaded GW call or email.
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Breeze »

I would assume that since the combat is simultaneous and if The Keeper of Secrets were to be felled before the combat is over than he cannot regain the wounds. I would have to guess that he has to survive the combat in order to regain any lost wounds.

(Edit: The only dilema I see is that said Keeper has Initiative 10 no ? So even Swordmasters would be decimated by him. The only reliable option I see for Wood Elves is a Highborn wielding a Spirit Sword with a Stone of Rebirth, quite possible mounted on a regular steed to avoid thunderstomp, but even that is just hoping and praying you get a better roll than him since the only way to reliably kill him would be for you to roll a 6 and him to roll a 1 on the effects of the Spirit Sword.)
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Shandrakor »

Breeze wrote:I would assume that since the combat is simultaneous and if The Keeper of Secrets were to be felled before the combat is over than he cannot regain the wounds. I would have to guess that he has to survive the combat in order to regain any lost wounds.
I don't have the exact wording in front of me (don't own the Daemon book), but I'm pretty sure he regains the wounds as they are dealt out, not at the end of combat.
Breeze wrote:the only way to reliably kill him would be for you to roll a 6 and him to roll a 1 on the effects of the Spirit Sword.)
Well, we've been talking a little about the topic of killing him here:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20438

Unfortunately, the Spirit Sword is anything but reliable. :tear:
For those who care:
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

I can give you the answer used for ETC. All the attacks happens at the some time. So 1st - both attacks, and deals wounds. 2nd - you heal yourself.
So you take wounds and IF you do not die, you heal up again.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Shandrakor »

Thanks Unicorn, yeah, that makes the most sense to me.
For those who care: